Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Payment processing
    By AJLA in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 04:09 PM
  2. payment gateways
    By bigj2552 in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 22-08-2012, 11:51 AM
  3. accepting payment
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-12-2011, 10:48 AM
  4. payment gateway???
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
  5. Paypal...Payment etc...
    By Lee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Opencart - Integrated Payment Options

My website has been live for some time, I'm about to start advertising it locally and expect sales to start all being well.

At the moment I simply have PayPal connected in, this is fine but I do feel that despite not having to have an account it may put some folk off. I'd prefer a more straight forward 'enter card details' approach and wondered what might be the best service to use? Is there a different interface for PayPal maybe?

I was looking at Stripe or Paymentsense as monthly costs are low for lower volumes but wondered if any of the built in services would be better, SagePay, WorldPay etc. presumably I have to apply for an account with these?

Appreciate any advice form folk already taking payments this way :-)
    Last edited by Justin; 26-10-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking into this as well... plenty of options but I think direct payment is the best approach as well. I'd get your ssl certificate sorted soon. Took mines a few days to work out the kinks. From the instant set up haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My host company offer ssl so might be easier to get them to do it, not cheap but obviously essential.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid £40 for two years. I didn't think that's too bad. Less than the %s the companies takes from the sales.

Think the monthly payment ones sage etc might be better if plenty of sales. PayPal pro could be an option if you are used to them. I'll be looking it into all again after my cold. Managed to get the norovirus on holiday. Great way to ruin it. Haha

If I spot anything good I'll let you know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    https://online.worldpay.com/pricing

Looks straight forward enough, no merchant account or anything else required?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use Ecwid and Paypal and have added a note to my Checkout that customers must select the PayPal option to be offered the opportunity to pay by debit/credit card. It seems to work ok as I have had card payments and only one abandoned cart so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have notices explaining you don't need a PayPal account etc. but can't help but feel it puts some folk off, most people seem to have Paypal nowadays though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I agree, it's not ideal, but as you say, most people have PayPal anyway. If I started getting too many abandoned carts (or whatever they call them in OpenCart) then I would have to have a rethink, but everything is ok at the moment.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    (We don't use OpenCart, but thought it worth posting here anyways)

We have SagePay integration on our website, as well as PayPal. The majority of people pay with their card through Sage, it's rare for people to use PayPal for us.

The Sage merchant account costs us £30 a month, which covers us for payments on the website, payments over the phone, and for the mobile card terminal, as well as including a free subscription to SageOne (accounts software)

The paperwork for Sage was a pain - very long and detailed, and included credit checking us personally as well as the company, and we needed paperwork for each aspect of the account 1 set for website, another for over the phone and another for the card machine, and then there was another form for American Express payments. It wasn't a quick or fun process, but worth it definitely.

The only other thing I can think to add, is that it seems for the most part on our site anyway, that PayPal is what people use, when their card is declined or they make a mistake on the Sage part of the process - on average two failed carts/payments with Sage, and then the same customer succesful with PayPal - looking at the Sage website shows they got their CVC wrong, or mistyped something else.

E2A - there are no additional fees for the card terminal, except the processing fee/commission which is similar to payments taken through the other channels on the Sage account, much lower than the iZettle and PayPal type terminals. We did have to buy the terminal outright for around £350 though.
    Last edited by pisquee; 27-10-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the feedback, interesting to hear that most of your buyers don't initially choose to pay with PayPal pisquee.

I think longer term a similar setup to yourself would be ideal but for now I'd like a 'pay as you go' option, pay slightly higher % but no fixed monthly costs.