Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Head Press ST-3042 Please Help
    By Nick520 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-09-2016, 07:19 PM
  2. ST-3042 Heat Press
    By Aitchy in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 02:00 AM
  3. Should I move from a mug press to an ST-3042 Oven?
    By gazfocus in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2016, 11:20 AM
  4. Advice for timings st-3042 3d vacuum heat press
    By Reading-Print in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 01:25 AM
  5. ST-3042 vacuum heat press warm up times?
    By Reading-Print in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-03-2015, 10:21 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D Vacuum Press - ST 3042 or ST 420

Hi,

I've just come across this forum after days of researching 🙈 and hoping someone can help me with a little advice on the sublimation machines.

Ive currently found two 3D machines - ST 3042 and the ST 420 - I was wondering if anyone had preferences or experience of the machines to help me guide me in my decision to purchasing.

I would like to transfer my graphics onto mugs / bags / pencil cases / bottles. So thought the 3D machine may fit this well with it's versatility?

Also looking to purchase the Sawgrass A3 Sg800 - as I would love the graphics to be very sharp and clear.

If anyone can point me to any Uk suppliers I would appreciate this!

Thanks in advance Emma
    https://m.facebook.com/paperlovestor...?ref=bookmarks - not sure if this is allowed but this is my current work I'm looking to transfer graphics onto a range of new media. Just to prove I'm human!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think questions like this will always be a matter of opinion but personally...

The ST3042 has been around a long time, it's not too hard to get spares and from my experience it generally reliable (my first machine just died after 2 years and I purchased another one).
    Also because so many people have one there'll usually be somebody around who's already solved a problem you may have.

I looked at the 420 and considered it but I think in this case it's better-the-devil-you-know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Premium Photo Gifts

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exactly what Ucase says....

I have two of them which have undergone minor repairs here and there and are nice and easy to work on.

Also, the ST420 seems to be a tad over engineered in my opinion. I could be missing something with it, but can not see what.

If you are looking at bags and other flat items such as pencil cases then you will also need a heat press. Many opinions on these on this forum but the one thing we all agree on is purchase the best that you can possibly afford. Going cheap, while sometimes necessary, will often result in having to purchase again further down the road...
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an st3042 and its been working fine but recently when you press vacuum it actually takes about 1min 30secs to start vacuuming. has anybody experienced this before? thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsprintandgift View Post
    I have an st3042 and its been working fine but recently when you press vacuum it actually takes about 1min 30secs to start vacuuming. has anybody experienced this before? thanks in advance.
    I haven't but... It sounds like either you have a leak in one of the hoses, a leak in the top/bottom seal, Failing vacuum pump, or maybe the water-trap needs emptying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Premium Photo Gifts

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi the other thing to look at is the selonoid valve (hope spelled it right lol )....if itz not working properly vacuum won't work...