Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Suggestions on this issue please
    By bmhdg1976 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 08:50 AM
  2. First Mug Suggestions
    By bkrdistribution in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-11-2014, 12:43 PM
  3. need a new pc any suggestions
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 12:27 PM
  4. need a new priter suggestions
    By buzzworx in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 09:50 PM
  5. Cap Press? Any suggestions?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 oz mugs. supplier suggestions/reccomedations please

My current supplier of mugs has changed supplier themselves, and I am not happy with the ones I am now receiving from them. Its a bit frustrating because I have been used to, and been pleased with the results that their previous mugs were giving.

any suggestions / recommendation's for supplier of 11oz large handle mugs please? Just simply who you have found to be good, who's products may not be so good, etc? Or, particular types / brands of mug to look out for?

Its a bit of a jungle out there with so many suppliers.

Thanks in advance.

Note: I have edited this thread to one that now voices my displeasure with the product, as opposed to insinuating that the product may be faulty.

Chris P
    Last edited by Chris-P-Midlands; 02-11-2016 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Hindsight

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-P-Midlands View Post
    So, any suggestions for supplier of 11oz large handle (double coated if poss) white mugs please? Prices per box of 36 too if possible please
    Why do you need double coated? A decent coating will give excellent results so it doesn't have to be double coated.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Without knowing which mugs you aren't having good results with, it's hard to know what to say, as we could suggest the same mugs you are already using.
    RN, Orca, Rhino are all good coatings, are you using a company which names the brand of coating, or just saying 'double coated'?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    Why do you need double coated? A decent coating will give excellent results so it doesn't have to be double coated.

Ok, this is where I need to be careful what I post / ask I guess.

I stated 'double coated' as that is what I have been used to getting. The mugs that I am now receiving from my current supplier are from 'their' new supplier, so are a new entity to them, and me, Therefore they aren't tried & tested, and I only have their word to go on that the mugs are giving good results.

I am looking for 'general recommendation's' for mugs that have been giving people decent quality results.

If I had a newbie ask for recommendation's for instance, I would have gladly recommended my current supplier, had they been supplying the same mugs.

So, in brief, they don't 'have' to be double coated. Just good quality 11 oz large handle mugs. If that's not too much to ask and anyone can recommend a supplier, then that would be great, and I will take a look.

Whilst I am at it, I should state that I have entry level equipment, but it has given me excellent results, and I have many satisfied customers, both commercial & private. We all have to start somewhere, & when budget is an issue we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your question, No, at least I don't think the company name the brand of coating, if they do, then I haven't noticed. That side of it is still relatively new to me. I have seen the name Orca around, and wasn't aware what it meant. They ones I have been using were branded as 'double coated' and have been great.

Even so, maybe someone could reply,.. "Oh, I use mugs that are coated with Orca coating from blah blah, and they are giving great results',... ten maybe I would look at them. Even if they are what I am already using, then that would be helpful, as it would ascertain whether the fault lies with the mugs, or could be with me? I suspect though , that the fault does indeed lie with the mugs themselves. I would be very interested to know if anyone else has used them and what results they are getting.

I could name the company, but don't want to just yet, as the issue is still being investigated, and hopefully will be resolved.

I am simply asking for recommendation's for suppliers of good quality mugs, as an alternative to my current supplier. Its not rocket science.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well, I know there are going to be those that turn their noses up at my reply here, but the plain fact is that I speak as I find, and these mugs, apart from the odd chip in the bottom edge of 2 or 3 of them, have been great for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2722358843...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yes, they're from the dreaded fleabay, but they've printed fine and also been fine in my home dishwasher and microwave. I'd definitely order more of these myself.

As a newbie to dyesub though, I will hold up my hands and say I haven't tried any mugs from any of the competition, but reading posts on here leads me to believe they ALL have their faults to a various degree.

Let's face it though: NO factory 100% checks their product. It's just not viable to do that. Most factories I've worked in have had operators checking product maybe 2 to 3 times a shift. Also, the receiver (your supplier) may check a few in each shipment, but they won't be checking every mug that enters their warehouse, so you are always bound to get rejects from any supplier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried ISUB supplies, thats where I got my mugs from, not sure if double coated but they have been good for me, thats where I got my ricoh from also, don't know whether that helps at all.

http://www.isub-supplies.co.uk/index.../ceramics.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Webtrekker,

Thank you for your straightforward, honest & helpful reply.

I have had a quick look, and will investigate further tomorrow.

Much appreciated.

Chris P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul 44,

Thank you for your reply & recommendation, I have had a quick look, and this looks a good company to deal with. I shall investigate further.

Thank you,

Chris P.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TMT do an 11oz mug
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK