Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ebay and photo's attached to ebay messages
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-11-2015, 08:13 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 08:26 AM
  3. Anyone know anything about this cutter
    By Dave271069 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 03:36 PM
  4. Info on ProvoCraft/Cricut YuDu Screen Printer
    By kevinjplee in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 25-01-2013, 07:05 PM
  5. New cutter help?
    By Mattie in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 12:55 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cricut or ebay cutter

ive been planning to purchase this

the cricut explorer air but then came across this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINYL-CUTT...-WIDE-FORMAT-/

it will be for abit of everything original plan was to be mainly used for making stencils to etch glass but also now thinking about wall art and also the drawing capabilities.

which do you guys think i should get ??

thankyou

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    get the descent one if you planing to make descent money.
    All of them will work but buying roland or graphtec you can save yourself sooo much hassle. Cheaper cutters tend to have a trouble with printing BIG artwork duo to buffer.
    But of corse it all depends of your budget.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thankyou for the reply mate. my budget is around 200 mark i can get a cricut explorer air bundle for 220 the other larger cutter is 180 my worries are that the ebay cutter will struggle with smaller detail cutting for the glass etching?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Paul has said, go for something tried and tested it will save you hours/days of messing most of us have been there done that!
    I'm a big Roland fan, still use my Camm1 even though I have a BN-20 sitting here, saying that if you're only doing small stuff you wont go wrong with a Cameo, I use mine ever day for small stuff
    Up the funds a little and go for something like this if you need a 24" cutter .....
    eBay item number:
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have an 18" Silver Bullet from Thyme Graphics https://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/products.asp?cat=102

You can also get a 24" model. They have 4 moveable pinch-wheels and more than double the cutting force of the ebay machine in the OP. They have a 'laser' (red dot) alignment system for print & cut which is extremely reliable and deadly accurate.

I also have a Silhouette Cameo which is sitting gathering dust. It's a toy compared to the Silver Bullet.

I'll also add that the aftersales service and support is second to none and the best I've known anywhere, thanks to the owner Dawn.

I use my SB every day (over a year now) cutting items for my daughter's ebay shop. It cuts through 650gsm magnetic sheet like butter.

You can often pick up a used machine from their support forum at http://www.thymemachines.com/

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Silver Bullet is undoubtedly a superior cutter when compared to the Cameo but at £655 for the 13 inch SB it is well over double the cost of a Cameo

Anyone know if the Cougars now unobtainable or just sold out awaiting a new shipment from the US?

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur.daley View Post
    the Silver Bullet is undoubtedly a superior cutter when compared to the Cameo but at £655 for the 13 inch SB it is well over double the cost of a Cameo

Arthur
    This is true Arthur but the OP is looking at around £200 so the Cameo would be my option for making stencils, a version 1 could be had for less than £100 ...I would still go for a Roland
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thankyou for the replies.

i think im going to go with the cricut as majority of the work ill do will be small and detailed work. i will then upgrade to a larger cutter when i have money to afford a decent one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy oldskool View Post
    thankyou for the replies.

i think im going to go with the cricut as majority of the work ill do will be small and detailed work. i will then upgrade to a larger cutter when i have money to afford a decent one.
    Wise decision. Always buy gear that does more than you want it to as things change and you're left wishing you'd gone for the better model. You may well end up doing things you'd never even thought about when considering a cheaper model. I did.