Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. face book
    By jennywren in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 10:23 AM
  2. Looking forward to contributing
    By gateway3d in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-09-2013, 03:48 PM
  3. Insert Face Software?
    By Justin in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 10:43 PM
  4. Red Face Time............whooooooooops.
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 05:05 PM
  5. Moving Forward
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 20-08-2010, 08:12 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Ensure Needles face exactly forward?

Seems I'm the only one starting threads in the embroidery section :)

While stitching out the 47,000 stitch design!!!! The thread is fraying sometimes and eventually breaks. When re threading I have noticed the eye of the needle isn't facing exactly forward, I know it should be a few degrees off. Could this be the cause of the fraying?

How do you guys ensure the eye of the needle is facing forward - or slightly off as recommended? Perhaps one's eye should be good enough - just wondering.

Regards

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John. As we are getting older its getting harder to aline the needles. ( Speaking for myself, naturally).
    How do I do it? I have a strong light to the front and a piece of white card behind. And a maginfying glass to look through. (yep, getting old).
    Then I use my eyes to line it up. When you push a thread through it should go straight back. I do, however, offset the needle by a very small amount to the right but I can still see the white card through the hole. I dont know what the offset amount should be but a little seems to help.
    The fraying thread I have a suspision come from using old thread that has dried out over the months/years it sits in our cupboards. I have been told to give the cone a light spray of water to freshen it up. Never done this but thats what I was told.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Earl

Interesting comments :) I guess my eyes are like yours :)

I think the fraying explanation is correct - our threads are old as we stooped doing embroidery for a few years and I just can't bring myself to spend more money replacing threads!!

Cheers

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stitch Up For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (14-11-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just read on another forum that it might also be down to old needles.