Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Rustic blanks
    By twinsgran in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 11:27 AM
  2. Sold MIX blanks
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 16-11-2012, 12:15 PM
  3. Printing onto different blanks
    By Justin in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22-10-2012, 02:34 PM
  4. where to buy blanks
    By gregstobbs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug blanks advice...

Hi,

I'm just setting-out, and I'm hoping to hear other people's opinions.

I ordered some mug blanks from a supplier, but didn't get chance to check them all out individually when they arrived a week ago (I had a lot on). I did take a couple out and they looked fine, so as far as I was concerned, all was good.

This week I begun pressing the mugs, and five out of five of the mugs that I looked at have dings in them. One has a couple of noticeable lumps/imperfections at the bottom of the mug (which is fine to give to friends/family, but I couldn't sell them).

I should have checked them straight away, as I'm thinking that the company may have replaced the mugs that aren't sellable, if I had checked them right away? But having said this, if I have to go through the inconvenience of sending half of the mugs back each time, I could see this causing problems.

So what I'm wondering (hoping) is that there is a supplier that sells mugs that don't have such high rates of imperfections in? (That are good quality).

The mugs themselves press great. The picture quality is excellent. It's just sad that so many of the mugs have imperfections in them :(.

All advice is appreciated!
    Last edited by brightday83; 16-11-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Pretty. Sure they should replace them for you but if they were cheaper they may well have imperfections.

I use a fair few XP5013 from Xpres, excellent price with our premium membership. You'll find a few threads discussing mugs on here.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Pretty. Sure they should replace them for you but if they were cheaper they may well have imperfections.

I use a fair few XP5013 from Xpres, excellent price with our premium membership. You'll find a few threads discussing mugs on here.
    Hi Justin,

Do Xpres sell Latte mugs, that can be done in the oven, as well though? And barrel shaped? I did have a look yesterday at their Latte mugs, and for the latte mugs is says 'not recommended for full wrap pressing'.

Ideally, I'd be wanting to order all of my mugs from the same company. I would like to offer latte mugs as well.

Can I ask... how many mugs do you usually get on average, in a box of 36, that have imperfections on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latte mugs can be fully printed in an oven BUT you will have a LOT of learning to do on how to get the image to look correct before you print one.

Do a normal ink correct way round print first and tape it to the latte mug and take a look ESPECIALLY noticeable if there is a large circle in the picture then go off and find out how to sort it a day or two later you may have it sussed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ArferMo For This Useful Post:

brightday83 (20-11-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    Latte mugs can be fully printed in an oven BUT you will have a LOT of learning to do on how to get the image to look correct before you print one.

Do a normal ink correct way round print first and tape it to the latte mug and take a look ESPECIALLY noticeable if there is a large circle in the picture then go off and find out how to sort it a day or two later you may have it sussed.

Thanks for this! I'll be using 10oz mugs, I just thought it would be nice to have an option for people who like big servings .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For big servings use the Grande mugs!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James990 View Post
    For big servings use the Grande mugs!
    Hi James,

Where would I get these from? (That are good quality).
    Last edited by brightday83; 20-11-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From BMS http://www.printerowners.co.uk/subli...grande-mug.htm

All I have to do now is to source some postal boxes for them, like the smash proof ones!!

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James990 View Post
    From BMS http://www.printerowners.co.uk/subli...grande-mug.htm

All I have to do now is to source some postal boxes for them, like the smash proof ones!!

James
    Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

I searched for 'grande mugs' earlier, on the forum, after reading your post, and I stumbled across one of your old posts in that you had said some of the BMS mugs had cracked and you'd had three sent back to you from customers. Did you get to the bottom of that problem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No strange though it may seem never did find out properly why. But as Scotty at BMS suggested, I think that the box might have been dropped by the courier.

James

12. The Following User Says Thank You to James990 For This Useful Post:

brightday83 (22-11-2016)