Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Using Quotes from TV shows/films/cartoons.. Legal?
    By ilmman in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 02:04 PM
  2. How To Purchase An Official Licence To Sell Music Related Products?
    By mikeoooze in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-04-2015, 09:00 PM
  3. Can I print quotes??
    By spongerobinson in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:09 PM
  4. Poster quotes
    By Mattie in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 15-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen loads of inspired by & can back my claim up, loads of artists paint monet,van gogh etc & sell them,i'm not talking prints either-these sell for £1,000's & we went recently to an exhibtion where there was an artist selling Inspired by Dali paintings. I take it that where you buy your sublimation printables from you have checked have all got permission to use the words apple,iphone,samsung,sony etc on their website(s) as they all sell phone cases & use those words to do so & in your words they are not allowed to or all hell will break loose & they will all get sued.I'm talking about the work banksy has denied doing,which i did state,so it isn't copyright is it?.I'm glad you cleared it up about garage's using logo's though-that was a worry

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a problem with "I'd rather be walking my dog" as the phrase is copyrighted in the USA on bags, mugs, hats, and t-shirts.

So in essence you can have a problem with anything.

Janners

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    What if I take part of what you have written down and put it on a mug. Such as
    " I've written above"
    I am sure those 3 words have been written down in that combination many times before by many people. How can you prove they are yours?

I know this is not quite lyrics and I am just being devils advocate as I think if there is any question regarding copyright and trademarks I stay away from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I've written above" is a short phrase and would need to be trademarked rather than fall under copyright where short phrases can't be copyrighted. So if you copy and pasted a whole big section of my text and used it for commercial purposes then I could invoice you for that. But as social says, when you try to imply that your product is associated with a trademark or a famous artist, then that's infringement.

You'll get lazy sellers, who will copy and paste big chunks of your product description and put it on their own ebay listing, that's infringement. I've nabbed a few copycat sellers like that.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    I had a problem with "I'd rather be walking my dog" as the phrase is copyrighted in the USA on bags, mugs, hats, and t-shirts.

So in essence you can have a problem with anything.

Janners
    Copyrighted or trademarked? You'll get some American sellers who have registered a phrase with a copyright service, but it's not protection. A registered trademark is protection.

There is this though:
    https://trademarks.justia.com/860/96...-86096269.html

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart Mart View Post
    I've seen loads of inspired by & can back my claim up, loads of artists paint monet,van gogh etc & sell them..........:
    You can't copyright an art style. I could paint in the style of Van Gogh and sell it. If I painted Starry Night that looked identical and tried to sell it as Van Gogh I'd be done for fraud, but I'm not a talented forger.

But you might find some comfort in this. I don't have time to read it, but I get the gist of it. Don't forget that copyright can expire and there is an element of whether you are trying to deceive a buyer.

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...amous-painting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You can't copyright an art style"-i know! That's one of the points i was making-in the style of banksy or whoever.You can paint the exact copy & sell it in the style of van gogh,pretty obvious if you try & sell it as an original it's fraud.The names of vincent van gogh,claude monet etc are all trademarked tp stop forgers doing this,though their artwork is now in the public domain so anyone can copy their work.
    What's the point in posting a link to an article you haven't even read through. If you paint or print & sell it in the style of how can it possibly deceive anyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I do many of my own designs 'in the style of' an old bloke with fading eyesight and shaky hands. Could I be done for copyright?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

socialgiraffe (24-11-2016)