Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ricoh 3110
    By bigj2552 in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 11:22 AM
  2. Ricoh 3110 Back to normal ink?
    By JMugs in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
  3. A4 ricoh 3110 and A4 jigsaws
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 10:43 PM
  4. Ricoh 3110 on or off?
    By Simon in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 12:01 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricoh 3110 printout looks mottled, does this look normal?

I am using a Ricoh 3110 with in-date Sublijet-R ink on TexPrint-R paper. I am getting a kind of mottled effect on the printout and i am wondering if this is normal or not? I have nothing to compare it to so would be interested to hear if anybody else has the same.

This is a sheet of black printed out using the PowerDriver Print Primary Colour feature. So what do you think, does this look normal?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Difficult to see on my laptop screen but mottling could be down to too much ink. I don't use that paper personally but it should be very good and not cause these issues.

Obvious question first, is the paper the right way around? I assume you've been through all settings compared to support site on Sawgrass...go over them a second time just in case.

Has the printer been working ok previously?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, printer was working fine since I got it (3 years +). I'm not 100% sure when it started but I did recently replace the ink as the old ones were over a year out of date. One theory is that the printer has been damaged because of this.

Paper is the right way round as the TexPrint-R has a logo on the reverse site. I also have a pack of TruPix which also exhibits the exact same problem.

I agree with it looking like it is printing too much ink but not sure if this is something I can change in printer settings?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you pressed it? Does it show on the presses item?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it shows up on the printed item.

I am having major issues with my end product mugs currently so am trying to start at the top (Printer) and work my way down with troubleshooting!

Just having nothing to compare it to makes it difficult. I am going to post these off to my supplier tomorrow to get confirmation from them that it is normal and I might get them to print me the same out on their system and send it back to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about printing the image through a normal printer with normal ink. It could be the image or your settings.

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image is being printed using the PowerDriver 'Print Primaries' function, this prints the image only using black (K) cartridge. I am assuming we can rule out the image being the issue by printing in this way?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made some progress today. I am printing using the ICC profile from SawGrass instead of the PowerDriver, I changed the paper type to 'Glossy' even though all of the setup guides tell you to choose 'Inkjet Plain Paper'.

Although it takes an age to print it has resolved the mottled look on the paper.

Very strange, anyone using Glossy instead of Inkjet Plain in their settings?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Powerdriver was the Sawgrass ICC profile

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MegaUK website puts it much better than I ever could...

The PowerDriver® is Sawgrass'own RIP software; it acts as a virtual printer driver with a user friendlyinterface which controls the colour management. This method is suitable forusers with basic knowledge of their graphic software applications as it allowsdifferent colour settings to be chosen.

The ICC profile also controlsthe colour management but is used in the output stage of the graphics software.This method requires the graphics software application and OEM driver to bepre-configured before use.

https://www.megauk.com/pages/what-is-the-difference-between-the-powerdriver-and-the-icc-profile--439.htm