Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Hard Mousemats
    By s31teg in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-10-2013, 09:17 AM
  2. Getting started
    By Maggie in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 10:41 PM
  3. sub on hard hat
    By beefyor1983 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 08:41 AM
  4. SSD Hard Drives
    By Justin in forum Hardware
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-12-2010, 05:12 PM
  5. hard going
    By in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I bought a cheap guillotine from ebay and it cuts my prints just fine. I print from Photoshop and add my own crop marks at the edges (nowhere near the actual print) and this serves well to line up prints exactly in the guillotine. This setup ensures my final transfers are parallel with the bottom (or top, in the case of the spoon mugs I use) with the mug.

If I ever needed to cut a non-linear print then I'd use my contour cutter (Silver Bullet from Thyme Graphics).
    You're lucky that your guillotine works, mine broke after the first use. I guess it's all pot luck on Ebay!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is my ebay guillotine http://tinyurl.com/jl66b35

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the same as what I have been using for the last 15 to 20 years still same blade eBay item number:222319884136

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brightday83 View Post
    Firstly Froggy, I do appreciate that it's important to get the right equipment. I did my homework about which printer was best to buy, and it cost £90 (not for 10). This was from somebody on the forum so I trusted that it would work. Yes this appears to have turned out to have been a mistake, but one that I will learn from.

Outsourcing for mug pressing for my niche isn't viable. I did look into it.

I have all of the other equipment ready and working, it's just the printer issue that I need to resolve.

With regards to selling mugs, thank you for your advice, but I don't need help with that side of things. I have a large facebook following, and experience with marketing. I disagree that money can't be made selling sublimated products to individuals, and that the only way to make a profit is to sell in bulk. Perhaps if the products aren't unique, but if you have a good niche and your designs are unique, and you market your products well, I believe people will buy them.

As for working in pyjamas for 2 hours a day, I think you are jumping ahead of yourself there; that does come across as rather patronising.

Thanks for your sharing your opinion, however.
    The 2 hours in your pyjamas wasnt aimed at you. Having a large facebook following is good, most starters think about online selling by creating a website (too slow- you need sales) or selling on eBay Amazon etc, the online market places are saturated, too many sellers pushing price points down.

One point I will make aimed at yourself is this; if you have such a large facebook following why waste time on used kit, brand new a4 ricoh printers are relatively cheap. Good luck with your enterprise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    This is my ebay guillotine http://tinyurl.com/jl66b35
    Thanks for the link

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    The 2 hours in your pyjamas wasnt aimed at you. Having a large facebook following is good, most starters think about online selling by creating a website (too slow- you need sales) or selling on eBay Amazon etc, the online market places are saturated, too many sellers pushing price points down.

One point I will make aimed at yourself is this; if you have such a large facebook following why waste time on used kit, brand new a4 ricoh printers are relatively cheap. Good luck with your enterprise.
    Apologies for misinterpreting Froggy.

I definitely won't be selling on Ebay or Amazon, those markets look saturated. I think the best move for beginners is to put the leg-work in (create a ready made audience) and then sell to that audience. Focus on growing that audience, on marketing and on building a good reputation (good customer service and quality products). I believe that's the way forward, for me any how.

As for buying a new printer, you're right, I should never have bought a used one.
    Last edited by brightday83; 24-11-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you bought 2nd hand on here, what has the seller said about it? did you collect it or have it couriered over? so was there a chance it was broken in transit? if you collected it, did you see it print and press a sheet ?

alignment takes time, but you will get there, you will find your workshop/kitchen/garage will get a lot of new mugs
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    if you bought 2nd hand on here, what has the seller said about it? did you collect it or have it couriered over? so was there a chance it was broken in transit? if you collected it, did you see it print and press a sheet ?

alignment takes time, but you will get there, you will find your workshop/kitchen/garage will get a lot of new mugs

Hi Mrs Maggot,

No the printer wasn't broken in transit, it was well wrapped and prints. It just has a banding issue. I have contacted the seller about it, and he is going to look for the original order details so that it can be sent back to the company it was bought from, as it should still be under warranty. So fingers crossed this will be sorted out soon!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ricoh Printer is available new for £96 on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ricoh-3110D.../dp/B007XASDP4 (it was around £46 a couple of months ago). It is the replacement sublimation inks that are expensive.