Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: Who Blogs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who Blogs?

I'm thinking about setting up a blog, either just plain text, video or both combined, looking to use this as back links to various sites (projects) that I am building.

Any suggestions as to which free blogging service to use and is it worth the hassle of having to update a blog almost daily?

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to make money from your blog I would suggest you use wordpress.org

You can use wordpress.com to start off with but you will soon want to move to a hosted site with your own domain.

If you do set up a blog I would use it to upload any images you want to share online instead of things like photobucket etc. That way when you link to an image on say this forum it is a link to your blog thus promoting your site and not photobucket.

What are you thinking of blogging about?

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple of domains that I will be building sites on so I can use those?

Just thought I'd try and start one just to get a few more back links to sites, shops and social media etc which would include designs etc etc and yes hopefully also to make a few quid haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I would go with wordpress. Have a look at your hosting. Most have a one click wordpress install these days. You can use wordpress to build your websites and integrating a blog will be simple.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress every time but do ensure you use a good security plugin such as iThemes Security - the free version is adequate.

Also, when you set up the account DO NOT use "Admin as the user name use something random such as yttt"tt%44£. There are "bots" constantly trying to break into WP sites using Admin as the user name. The plugin automatically bans the IP of every hacker using Admin.

One of my sites repelled over 300 attempts to break in in the last few days alone!

I also use "Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) by BestWebSoft" this introduces another layer of security on login.

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to raydavies For This Useful Post:

Skarekrow (01-12-2016)