Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ricoh warranty
    By india in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 11:41 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 12:37 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 04:38 PM
  4. ricoh sg3110dn sublimation printer
    By valentine rhodes in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 12:31 PM
  5. Ricoh warranty
    By petetheprint in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-06-2010, 07:42 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricoh SG3110DN - warranty if using for sublimation?

Hi,

I'm looking into buying a Richo SG3110DN, but I've heard that people have lost their warranties because they used sublimation ink. Is this the case?
    I'm currently stuck with a faulty one that I bought second hand, so no warranty. I can't afford for this to happen again.

All replies appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricoh are well aware that Sawgrass recommend the SG3110 for sublimation - they have sold thousands of additional printers over the years as the sublimation community and ink suppliers have liked the Ricoh. Sawgrass have worked with Ricoh to create the Virtuoso SG400 and SG800 (tweeked models of the standard Ricoh models) for premium models.

If anyone has had trouble then it is probably around buying a printer, ink and paper from several suppliers and then having printing issues.

I have not followed the issues that you have had closely - I think that you have been very unlucky with your experience to date. May I suggest that you try contacting Ricoh customer support with images of the issues that you are having and see if you might get a sympathetic hearing and some professional assistance from the manufactures representatives in the UK. They may be better able to advise, diagnose and recommend a course of action that will enable you to clear the problem and move forward with a fully working machine.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Buy the rebadged 3110, the 400 and you'll get 2 years Sawgrass support I believe. Xpres offering £40 free deal today.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    City Ink Express offer the Ricoh 3110DN for sublimation and, if you are looking to save money, their inks are good and a LOT cheaper than Sawgrass. Maybe drop them a line and ask about warranties.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

brightday83 (25-11-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I do feel the OP would be better taking the tried tested and supports route, maybe look at alternatives once you're up and running making money but with your recent hassles it may well be better to bite the bullet.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I do feel the OP would be better taking the tried tested and supports route, maybe look at alternatives once you're up and running making money but with your recent hassles it may well be better to bite the bullet.
    Hi Justin,

Actually, because I used all of my money buying the start up equipment (including the faulty printer) I can't afford to buy one with the Sawgrass inks (I'm already having to borrow money now, to buy a new printer). I've looked on CityInk's website, and if I buy one from them and anything does go wrong with the printer over the next 12 months, they will either fix the printer or exchange it for another one. And I would have support as well, if ever I need it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My printer, inks and paper are from CIE and, apart from the usual initial teething troubles, I can now sublimate mugs, jigsaws, aluminium, etc with great results. The products I've sold so far have received no complaints and I've had repeat orders from happy customers.

I've never tried Sawgrass products but, until I find the need, I'm more than happy to continue as I am.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    My printer, inks and paper are from CIE and, apart from the usual initial teething troubles, I can now sublimate mugs, jigsaws, aluminium, etc with great results. The products I've sold so far have received no complaints and I've had repeat orders from happy customers.

I've never tried Sawgrass products but, until I find the need, I'm more than happy to continue as I am.
    Out of curiosity, how is the actual print quality when using CIE inks and papers compared to others you've used, or have seen before? Thinking of buying a setup from them soon due to the warranty and bundle they offer :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have only used CIE inks and paper having just begun sublimation work. However, the results are excellent and comparable to shop-bought items I have purchased.