Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Problem with colours when printing
    By Big Dave in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-11-2016, 11:07 PM
  2. New SG800 printer not printing colours correctly
    By markymark in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-11-2016, 02:57 PM
  3. Re:Epson SX130 colours not printing properly
    By gwsubs in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-12-2013, 09:03 PM
  4. Dull colours while printing solved!
    By Jennym in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Not sure if this will help, but when I switched computers from my Windows 8 laptop to my Windows 7 main computer, the colours shifted towards the warm side. Fairly certain that I'm using the same profile. Have you updated your computer's operating system?
    Hi Gary,

I'm using Windows 8, the old printer worked fine with this operating system. I'm sure it's the ink, either the ink or printer. I have been wanting to try out their MAC profile, to double check it's not the profile, but the instructions that I've been given for the MAC don't match my dad's computer (a MAC book pro version 10.10 'I think' Yeo... something). CIE's user guide on how to use the MAC profile, doesn't seem to match the kind of MAC that my dad has. So I can't even try a different profile to double check .

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A icc for a mac or a pc is EXACTLY to same , you may see the odd one have a different suffix as is .icc and .ICM but the internals are idential as requested by the CIE>.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mags1892 View Post
    A icc for a mac or a pc is EXACTLY to same , you may see the odd one have a different suffix as is .icc and .ICM but the internals are idential as requested by the CIE>.
    Hi Mags,

thanks for the reply; I had meant that if I try a different program, such as Photoshop, which would have a different ICC profile, then I would know if it is the profile that's messing the colours up, or the printer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I thought I had solved the problem today. I reduced the yellow colour by 25% using the advanced print settings. And on the prints they looked less yellow. But alas, I sighed a breath of relief too soon. When I printed the mugs, they were still too yellow. And someone from the forum has advised me that taking the yellow out in the advanced settings, may look okay for the image I'm using, but it might not look so good when it comes to printing other images.

Really frustratring; for over a month now I've been trying to sort out printer issues . It's starting to wear me down. This is a brand new printer.

To make things worse, when I thought I'd fixed the colour problem (looking at the prints on the paper, before they were pressed) my focus then turned to lines running across the prints. So I printed a CMYK print, and the lines look even more noticable (which would mean that if I print any flat/light colours, they will show up) and there's some banding too (the reason why I bought a new printer).

I shouldn't have to buy new inks, I already had to borrow money for the printer, but I've reached the point I'm getting desperate, and am wondering whether to invest in some InkTec inks, as Mags has suggested. I can't afford Sawgrass inks at the moment.

Yet someone today has told me that Inktec inks clog up the heads, and don't work so well with Ricoh's. So I'm really confused!

All advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by brightday83; 08-12-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inktec wont work with ricoh they are the wrong viscosity

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk