Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Problem with colours when printing
    By Big Dave in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-11-2016, 11:07 PM
  2. New SG800 printer not printing colours correctly
    By markymark in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-11-2016, 02:57 PM
  3. Re:Epson SX130 colours not printing properly
    By gwsubs in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-12-2013, 09:03 PM
  4. Dull colours while printing solved!
    By Jennym in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Printer will be fine, although you'd best to run cleaning fluid/flush through the printer between each inkset, even if it's just to show you when the old ink is gone and the new is coming in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Printer will be fine, although you'd best to run cleaning fluid/flush through the printer between each inkset, even if it's just to show you when the old ink is gone and the new is coming in.
    Thanks Pisquee,

Do you know if there is any videos on how to do this? (I have no idea, and wouldn't want to mess the printer up).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't change inks until I'd exhausted all other possibilities. It's a bit like fixing a car by swapping out every part. Yes, you MAY eventually fix it, but you'll never know ehy, and it will have cost you a fortune.

So...

Have you contacted CIE about problems with your new setup.

Did your other printer's carts have CIE inks? If so, try swapping the carts.

Make sure you're printing on the paper your ICC profile was made for.

Lastly, ask CIE directly if these are Chinese inks.

BTW - which software are you printing from and are you using a Mac, Linux or Windows machine, together with the right profile for the machine?
    Last edited by webtrekker; 03-12-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I wouldn't change inks until I'd exhausted all other possibilities. It's a bit like fixing a car by swapping out every part. Yes, you MAY eventually fix it, but you'll never know ehy, and it will have cost you a fortune.

So...

Have you contacted CIE about problems with your new setup.

Did your other printer's carts have CIE inks? If so, try swapping the carts.

Make sure you're printing on the paper your ICC profile was made for.

Lastly, ask CIE directly if these are Chinese inks.

BTW - which software are you printing from and are you using a Mac, Linux or Windows machine, together with the right profile for the machine?
    Hi again,

Yes I've contacted CityInk, they have said they think it's the profile, that I can't have installed the right one. But I have installed the one they've recommended/instructed me to. It's the same one that I installed for the old printer about a month back.

Yes my other printer's carts have CIE inks, I hadn't thought to swap them. If I do that though, am I going to need to flush the printer with water or something to clean the old inks out, as someone has suggested if I change inks? (No idea how to do that). Otherwise how will I know when the other ink is coming through? And are you suggesting this to test if it's a printer fault? (As in, if the ink that works with the old printer doesn't work with the new one, it must be a printer problem).

I'm printing on the same TruePix paper (although I have tried a tester on another paper, just to check to see if it makes a difference (it doesn't).

I haven't asked CIE if the inks are Chinese, because on their site it says they are from Europe .

Ideally yes I would like to try to resolve this with the inks I've just bought that came with the printer; I've had to borrow money for the new printer, so unless it's absolutely necessary I'd rather not.

I'll contact CityInk again on Monday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi. I suggested swapping the carts mainly to see if your old ink performed any differently in the new printer, ie. a possible difference in the chemical make-up of the two inks. If, as hinted by mags, CIE are now selling different inks, then that would confirm it.

I must say though, my Ricoh was bought very recently from CIE and my printouts are fine. I've recently purchased a new set of 100ml bottles from them so I guess I'll soon find out if there are any differences.

CIE paper isn't Trupix, so have you asked for an ICC set up specifically for Trupix? My ICC is set up for the 'Anne' type paper which works well for me. If you like, I'll send you some of this paper (no charge!) and a copy of my ICC to help you eliminate the paper as being an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I suggested swapping the carts mainly to see if your old ink performed any differently in the new printer, ie. a possible difference in the chemical make-up of the two inks. If, as hinted by mags, CIE are now selling different inks, then that would confirm it.

I must say though, my Ricoh was bought very recently from CIE and my printouts are fine. I've recently purchased a new set of 100ml bottles from them so I guess I'll soon find out if there are any differences.

CIE paper isn't Trupix, so have you asked for an ICC set up specifically for Trupix? My ICC is set up for the 'Anne' type paper which works well for me. If you like, I'll send you some of this paper (no charge!) and a copy of my ICC to help you eliminate the paper as being an issue.
    Hi again ,

Thanks for your reply,

Well I've tried two papers now. The TruePix paper (I used an ICC profile especially for that paper), and CityInk's own paper (I used a different profile for that one, customed for that paper). So it's not the paper that's the issue.

I do know that they have changed their inks, because they have told me as much. I think they said within the last 6 months. The old printer was originally bought more than 6 months ago, so there's a strong chance the ink is different. Having said this though, the profile that they have given me for the new ink is printing colours that are way off.

I've emailed them pictures of my print and software settings, and they're all as they should be, so I can't understand it. Either there's something wrong with the ink, or the printer's faulty. As you have said, your printer is printing okay and you bought yours from the same place, so I can't understand it .

Thanks for saying that you would have sent some paper out to me, that was kind of you. It's definitely not a paper problem though, because I tested using a different paper earlier.

The only thing I can think to do is what you've suggested, to switch the ink cartridges, but I'm not going to try that unless I get the go ahead from CityInk, because I'm sure there's something in the terms and conditions that customers have to follow their instructions, or it can affect the warranty.

I hope they can sort this out for me soon!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That seems to be the best approach now.

It's always better to try and nail down a problem and learn from it, than just replace the whole kit, at an expense, without knowing why you've had to do that.

Good luck for Monday! I hope it gets you underway and that you start getting some enjoyment from your efforts.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 03-12-2016 at 09:48 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

brightday83 (03-12-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems to be the best approach now.

It's always better to try and nail down a problem and learn from than just replace the whole kit, at an expense, without knowing why you've had to do that.

Good luck for Monday! I hope it gets you underway and that you start getting some enjoyment from your efforts.
    Thanks for the encouragement .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I replied to your email Zoe ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this will help, but when I switched computers from my Windows 8 laptop to my Windows 7 main computer, the colours shifted towards the warm side. Fairly certain that I'm using the same profile. Have you updated your computer's operating system?