Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Looking for prices (Tshirt print & possibly embroidery)
    By Purple Chicken in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-07-2016, 02:50 AM
  2. mugs , burn marks
    By twinx05 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-07-2015, 09:49 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-01-2015, 11:14 AM
  4. Sub T shirts
    By twinsgran in forum Clothing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-01-2013, 05:58 PM
  5. Burn baby burn
    By Greensleeves in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-03-2010, 09:50 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shirts being marked, possibly burn?

So i'm pretty new to all this having only done a couple of small runs with dark 100% cotton tshirts and vinyl which have turned out well, but wanting to try different things i've bought some white tshirts to make myself some 1 off designs before trying to sell anything to the general public (self-confessed tshirt addict lol).

Using MDP i bought in some FOTL Super Premium tees and some Russel 65/35 poly/cotton blends to try out different types of vinyl and my sublimation printer.

What i'm noticing is that the press area has a slight yellowing discolouration after pressing, this happens when i'm using either process.

I have been using the manufacturers guidelines for temp and time, and i'm assuming if it's happening with the lower temp/time setting with the vinyl process it's something other than the press not being accurately heated?

I've used the search and found another person with the problem but that was with dye sub and used tees so i'm a bit stumped.

Could the teflon sheet be transferring it's colour (teflon sheet also from MDP)? Am i using too much pressure?

Hopefully someone a bit more experienced has some input on this :)

Press i'm using:

UK Press HP3805B

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go down the road to Novachrome and try a ream of their pressing paper - about £20 for 500 large sheets. They are in Anglesea.

Sometimes, when pressing polyester garments, the heat will cause the dye to 'gas' ( in a similar way that sub ink does) and mark the teflon sheet, or worse, the platen. The dye can then transfer to the next garment, if it is a light colour. Hivis and Football shirts are the worst for this, but any coloured polyester can cause the problem.

It is a process known as 'Dye Migration'. More usually you will notice it when the colour of strong coloured garments discolour the vinyl or ink used for printing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply pw66, i'l head over there and get some, hopefully it'll be as easy as that to solve.

I'll try a brand new teflon sheet as well i think in case it has migrated into the used one