Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Our gripes of the day!

Gripe 1 - Ahhhhhhhhh - It is now impossible to buy metal keyrings in black boxes WITHOUT stickers attached saying "Made in China".

BMS use to be the only source for these without stickers and now all of a sudden we had a batch turn up in grey stripey boxes with the words "Made in China" PRINTED onto the boxes. Sent them back.

Xpres - Our other supplier have two stickers per box - one with "Made in China" and the other with the Xpres product code.

WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL A UK PRINTED ITEM TO A GIFT SHOP THEN THE LAST THING YOU WANT IS THE CUSTOMER TO PRESUME THE WHOLE ITEM WAS MADE IN CHINA. Grrrrr

These stickers do not easily come off even under heat so if anyone knows of a hidden supplier of these that come without stickers or a spray that perhaps melts the glue then please let us know.

Gripe 2 - Ok we are now out of glass chopping boards (20x28) but found two UK suppliers with some left. And yes we did bulk buy 6 months ago and have been trying to source these in bulk for 3 months now with little success. Finally managed to order some from both Listawood and Longforte and guess what - they come packaged TWO TO A BOX. WHAT THE HELL?! We meant to sell two chopping boards to one person. Sent back!

Grip 3 - SublimationTrade - Held onto our money for three months now with no refund (even though promised it) and only partial order. A call to trading standards will happen on Monday.

Thank you for letting us vent.

Back to the grind stone.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gripe 4 - Couriers used by suppliers that are Next Day delivery and send you a tracking reference in the morning saying "being delivered today" without any time scale. Well that's useful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Use your own boxes from tiny box company, problem solved.

My gripes:

Royal Mail not sending me mail bags to post Christmas orders.

Royal Mail not collecting my mail.

Spending 3 hours in gridlock traffic in Cambridge trying to deliver mail.

BBC sending me TV licence demands to my work on the day that I've decided that I'm sick of their constant propaganda.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our Post Office keeps going on strike which messes up our PPI bag drop off. They are even on strike tomorrow (Saturday) although won't hit us.

As for Tiny Box then indeed an idea but we usually source the cutting boards in boxes for around £1.20 so adding a box for another £1-2 isn't going to work. Thank you though.

Just a gripe.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Gripe

When you have spent months and countless samples (over 60) perfecting a colour for a client. They finally approve it and that is the moment you realise you didn't save the file and have no way of knowing what the colour breakdown is... DOH!!!!!

Words cannot explain what I am currently calling myself right now...
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think that may take the Gripe Award of the Day!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever you outsource anything it is never quite right. Am I the only person in the world with and sense of quality control. Would they send out things to their customers (end user) looking like this?

Just ordered a load of flat cut letters and had to spend an hour cleaning up the edges as they were as rough as rats.

Shan't be using them again

Sign all finished now and looks beautiful

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gripe today is Palletways

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy the heart shape and rectangular keyrings from Coragraph. They come in black boxes with no stickers at all. My gripe by the way, is customers who purchase personalised products and fail to tell you what they want printed. I have 4 eBay purchasers who bought and despite several emails to each of them, I have had no response. I got so fed up with seeing the orders awaiting dispatch I cancelled them last night and refunded them. What's the betting that 3 days before Christmas I will get the 'where's my order email! Grrrrrrr!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think that's a drawback of using ebay. It should be set up so that if an order requires personalisation, then the buyer cannot proceed with the order until the required details are entered, or they can type No Name if not wanting the item personalised. That's the way my Ecwid shop works.