Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cheep Chinese Heat Press Vs Quality Branded Heat press
    By Ravisteam in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:36 PM
  2. Heat press & mug press bundles - advice needed
    By Kubicixfactor in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 12:00 AM
  3. Heat press add ons Where to buy??
    By Cluffy80 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2015, 11:26 AM
  4. Vacuum heat machine unresponsive buttons issue
    By fresharmor in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 06:25 PM
  5. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heat press with preset buttons

Are their any decent flat presses (swing away) that have presets enabling easy selection of pre programmed temp/times? Stops people in the studio from mucking up when moving quickly from unisub coasters to glass coasters for instance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the stahls hottronix fusion from grafityp. amazing press.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to calvinabc For This Useful Post:

UK Printed Mugs (06-12-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That indeed looks good thank you and probably the original design of the "Chinese" version we currently have from BMS
    http://www.printerowners.co.uk/hardw...heat-press.htm

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the Stahls Hottronix fusion are also sold by Target Transfers.

I have looked at these on several occasions, but I keep coming back to why on earth do I want to add more "gadgetry" into a heat press. It can only mean there is more to go wrong, a well made heat press (such as Adkins or Pressmech) and a notepad will serve just as well and less to go wrong.

It would also be worth seeing if they hold their money on the secondhand market. The two I mentioned do...
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perhaps buy some separate kitchen timers set up for the times you want? Don't use the press timer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Use an Android or iOS multi-timer app with presets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-sets and programmable presses have always struck me as a waste of time. You still have to wait for the temperature to increase or decrease accordingly, so there is not much of a time saving. The benefit of the added tech. is offset by its ability to breakdown.

Strikes me that the most versatile solution would be to return to the old fashioned potentiometer (knob) for temp and time. Quick flick of the wrist and both are set - jobs a good-un.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with ever different media types and films and garments etc you can save them all on the press individually turn it on press what you are doing and done no need to look up what is the time and temp for different items every time. if we didnt update to modern tech we would still all be riding around in horse carts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    with ever different media types and films and garments etc you can save them all on the press individually turn it on press what you are doing and done no need to look up what is the time and temp for different items every time. if we didnt update to modern tech we would still all be riding around in horse carts.
    I am all for technology, after all I remember the dark days of dye sub where I had to keep 10+ printers on the shelf as they blocked and clogged all the time. I also remember having to purchase 504 mugs if I wanted to get 108 decent ones.

But, personally I just do not see the point when a book will work just as well, has less chance of going wrong and has a proven track record of being a solid workhorse that does not let you down.

Perhaps its just me because my press hits over 1000+ presses a week on hi vis vests, this means it constantly glows a bright yellow and the hi vis dust is everywhere, yet the machine carries on. I doubt if that would be the case if the machine was loaded with a computer.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinabc View Post
    if we didnt update to modern tech we would still all be riding around in horse carts.
    Facile. Nothing wrong with tech. if it serves a worthwhile purpose, but a heat press is such a basic product that it hardly needs updating.

The cost seems to out way the benifits. A press with an LCD and a few presets/two step timer seems to cost about £400 more than a comparable press without the 'tech'. That is a high price for relatively little computing power. The rest of the press still only does the same job, with or without the LCD display.

At £1600 for a Fusion, I would be too worried about the life of the LCD and micro processor in a high temperature environment. When that breaks, the whole press is useless.