Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ebay and photo's attached to ebay messages
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-11-2015, 08:13 PM
  2. buyers remorse kicking in...
    By soulclaimed in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 22-11-2013, 04:55 PM
  3. ebay .....
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 01:03 PM
  4. ebay again
    By smitch6 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 31-03-2011, 03:45 PM
  5. ebay ink
    By rossikey in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    click and collect at argos, if i am sending something that will definitely fit through their letter box, i email them before despatch and tell them i am sending it to their home address, as often Argos loose smaller items - every time the buyer has emailed back saying that's fine they forgot to change their delivery address, as it is pre-set to Argos.

Jan - end October this year 3 "missing items" 1st November to today 16 missing items - got to love RM at this time of the year, with all the temp staff
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Missing items" with RM sent to ebay customers.

I send them a message saying, I am aware that Royal Mail are working with the police and investigating any mail theft, so if it doesn't arrive in the next few days contact me again and I'll notify RM for them to work with the police on the theft investigation. It is possible either the police or RM will be in contact with you for the investigation.

Very rarely do I hear from the customer again!

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janners - I love you, thank you I will now incorporate this as a reply to my customers, I did however have 1 very honest customer, who contacted me after i had sent out replacement item, to say that 3 weeks later, the original envelope turned up, and where could he send me the payment for them.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    On eBay, yes, unfortunately, along with the chancers that claim to have never received their delivery.

EBay are notorious for sucking up to buyers and give little, or no, support to sellers, so it's up to the seller to cover their backside any way they can.

For a seller, the eBay 'blocked list' is your only friend.
    I'm surprised that Ebay doesn't protect sellers, when sellers are their bread-and-butter.

Do you think that if you added to the postage terms, something along the lines of: 'We keep reciepts of postage; second or first class postage at your own risk, or if you would like us to send via recorded delivery, please choose this option.'

I wonder if this might protect you? Because then if the buyer has bought it, and claims that it was 'lost in the post', you have something to fall back on?

I imagine it's tricky on Ebay though, because if a customer says that it hasn't arrived (and this may or may not be the case) if you don't send them a replacement, you risk your feedback being tarnished. So how do you know who is genuine and who isn't?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The eBay feedback system is a seller's worst enemy. You have virtually nil chance of getting undeserved negative feedback removed.

EBay know they have sellers in a tight corner. You either abide by their very strict, sometimes punitive rules, or don't sell on there. They also know there aren't many viable alternatives for either for a lot of sellers so don't really care. They have too much of a monopoly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    Yes ...item not received is something you have no chance ..but sending another .we make sure the second one send by sing for ...some ppl are so nasty .one customer was saying there was one picture faded (rest is fine ) so she need a refund (luckily we sent it sing for by ,experience we had a little clue she was going for a not received case lol). We said so no problem please return it back we will even refund the postage .she comeback saying no I can't send it back I need a refund otherwise I'll go to open a case and a negative feedback. ...this is the second person like that in a week .....but we give no chance and never refund until we get the product back ...if we feel like a genuine customer we ask them to upload a picture ...
    That sounds suspicious, if they wouldn't return the item after you had said you would pay for the postage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    The eBay feedback system is a seller's worst enemy. You have virtually nil chance of getting undeserved negative feedback removed.

EBay know they have sellers in a tight corner. You either abide by their very strict, sometimes punitive rules, or don't sell on there. They also know there aren't many viable alternatives for either for a lot of sellers so don't really care. They have too much of a monopoly.
    Hmm, but if they keep it up the tides will turn; there's always something new on the horizon. All it would take would be for someone wealthy to think up a rivalled auction site, that protects sellers, and that doesn't charge such steep fees, and they would lose half of their business.
    Last edited by brightday83; 11-12-2016 at 12:24 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brightday83 For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (11-12-2016)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forget the police reply. If the item is not returned after 15 working days. You tell them that you will file a report with the Royal Mail Investigation Branch who will investigate the theft or loss of your mail. The Investigation Branch will monitor your postal route and keep addresses on file to look for patterns of non receipt in your area. I've seen them in action by the way.

To avoid the scenario where the fraudster goes and picks up the parcel after demanding a refund. Tell them that you can contact their local Delivery Office, who will have a record on their computer and on CCTV, who picked up the parcel in the event that 'someone else' received your delivery card.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 11-12-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    problem is for me Gary, these items are of low value typically £2.49 - £3.75 including free postage, and as a registered business seller, you only get back your actual cost price, plus the postage, nothing for packing I have definite places post seems to go missing, anything around the Southend area, anything to a certain parts of Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Items don't go missing when properly addressed, always use the Royal Mail postcode finder to check the address, I always have to fix address. Misdeliveries can happen for small letters etc, but they usually end up next door. Fraud only happens with ebay and Amazon customers. I edited my last post while you were posting; if you follow that advice you should see a reduction. Most problems with parcels are people not bothering to collect them, I have about a dozen sitting here returned by Royal Mail.