Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 3D film for Sawgrass Virtuoso
    By Omi in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2016, 02:09 PM
  2. SawGrass Virtuoso 800
    By KathG in forum Printers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-11-2015, 01:38 AM
  3. Virtuoso Sublijet HD Ink compatibility
    By shimmy27 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-10-2015, 08:16 PM
  4. SawGrass Virtuoso
    By KathG in forum Printers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24-03-2015, 08:27 AM
  5. Can I use other sublijet ink other than sawgrass sublijet ink?
    By hoverbug1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sawgrass sg4000 virtuoso sublijet hd use by oct 2016

Hi, Just wondering why my: SAWGRASS SG4000 VIRTUOSO SUBLIJET HD - reading empty is it due to use by oct 2016 carts..

Last used my sawgrass end August 2016 - carts about 70% full

Tonight just powered up and display reads: ink depleted all carts...

Do you guys think it is due to the inks use by oct 2016 or is there a way of refreshing the carts...

Thanks in advance...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These printers do occasional head cleans so if you have left your printer switched on (which is recommended) then it may have depleted the inks in normal operation. The graphic displays are a guide so your inks may have has less than 70% but once the chip says the carts are empty then there isn't a way of resetting them. I doubt it is anything to do with the use by date though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bms, It was turned off late August... printed about 200 mugs with this set of carts - very funny all carts say ink depleted ( black has 1 bar )...

Not happy - is there a way of using alternative sub inks....

Thanks for help....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Thanks bms, It was turned off late August... printed about 200 mugs with this set of carts - very funny all carts say ink depleted ( black has 1 bar )...

Not happy - is there a way of using alternative sub inks....

Thanks for help....
    So are you saying that in August the carts were 70% full, you then switched it off and when you switched it back on all the carts are empty except 1 bar showing on black?

Are you sure no one has been using the printer?

When you switched it back on do you know if it went into a long maintenance cycle - the printer might have thought it was priming the system from new and this could take around 5 mins. That consumes a lot of ink.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bms, Yes when it was put away all carts read well over 50% - no way any one could have used it...

When i turned it back on tonight - it started very quick like always - it did no priming..

Thanks again...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update - printer counter reads: 88 from new - i printed just 260 mug prints - so it worked out just under a £1 for each mug print...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could probably shout this to you knowing where you live lol
    Not sure where the ink has gone but leaving it off for 4 months is a big risk on the heads
    Have you tried pulling the carts out and replacing them? give them a little shake to see if they feel empty?
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From our experience with a Ricoh 3110 I wouldn't be overly concerned about the readings on the lcd screen - ours showed empty on its first set of cartridges for what seemed months, printing a considerable number of images in that time. There's a vacuum sensor in the ink lines, so the printer knows when the cartridges really are empty.

If you access the printer from a browser - type its IP address into the address bar (mine happens to be 192.168.1.43, most are likely to be similar) - it will show you a relatively accurate set of ink levels, amongst other things...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for advise - will try ip - just thought with ceramic printing you weigh the developers now and again.. so thought i would weigh the carts the 3 colour ones weigh approx 72g and colour 110g

when i try and print - yellow shows ( can not print ) replace yellow - black just under 50% and the two other colours approx 40%

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never tried weighing them! Little odd that the "empty" yellow one weighs the same as the other colour cartridges...

Sounds as though if you replace the yellow cartridge you'll get quite a bit of mileage from the others though, so not quite so damaging to the wallet as first thought.