Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Where to purchase vinyl
    By Dave271069 in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-12-2016, 11:51 PM
  2. Reputable place to purchase printer
    By OnyaPhone in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-11-2016, 10:48 PM
  3. Advice needed on what type of printer to purchase
    By Beckybecks in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 12:30 PM
  4. The best place to purchase mug blankets?
    By socialgiraffe in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 11:11 AM
  5. Latest Purchase...
    By Miss Angel in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - that's what it cost - 88 sheets 3 on a sheet and carts empty..
    thanks for offer but really need a printer of my own for the future .... JUST really annoyed with sawgrass response - but you live and learn...

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Sawgrass is the good printer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did agree.. print quality is good - but not that good..

Customer service in UK is very bad...

WILL NO HONOUR WARRANTY - just keep saying - would you like to buy more ink....

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is something wrong here, your printer should print more than 88 sheets on a full set of inks (presuming its not 100% coverage), and even if it was, I would be very surprised if all the carts were empty at the same time.

Did you purchase the printer from a authorised Ricoh/Sawgrass dye sub supplier?

With regards to the inks out of date, who did you purchase the inks from? Official suppliers of Sawgrass ink would never sell out of date ink as they could potentially lose their license to sell it. I have also found that most suppliers will even exchange the ink if the use by date is getting close.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi socialgraffe,

Did you purchase the printer from a authorised Ricoh/Sawgrass dye sub supplier? - yes this year

With regards to the inks out of date, who did you purchase the inks from? Official suppliers of Sawgrass ink - original ink with new printer

Inks in date when printer purchased - out of date now ( sawgrass uk customer support have said they still work after end date but may loose quality..

See my other thread - for pictures etc - sawgrass refuse to take a look - just asking me to buy more ink ?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK mate, I have had a read through and think I get the gist of it...

From what I can gather, the yellow cartridge is empty and Sawgrass confirmed that this is due to a chip error, however because the cartridge is out of date they will not honour the warranty.

If that is correct then I do think that is a tad naughty and not the sort of experience I have had with Sawgrass in the past, but it is also an issue that you may be able to take up with the supplier, not sure on who that is as its not clear, but they may be able to help.

I can not help in terms of recommending a different printer, and to be honest, if you are going to be turning it off for months at a time, then I would seriously look at getting someone else to print sheets for you. The Ricoh's with Sawgrass ink are the best printers if you intend to leave them idle for long periods of time (days not weeks though) other printers will print better quality at a cheaper price but they need to be used daily to avoid other problems such as head clogging.

My advice would be to take the hit this time and when you purchase more carts, make sure they have 9-12 months expiry on them, otherwise refuse the carts and purchase from someone else.

It sucks and Sawgrass really could have been better, but barking up that tree is obviously a lost cause.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reply. not sure new ink will help - have you seen the picture - if you take the carts out then back in ink and waste come back to about 56% 40& etc - and waste 25%

Purchased a epson from a guy in wolverhampton yesterday - using his ink results so far are a close match to sawgrass using his icc.. and the price is a through away price.

Got my money back in a 2 days and still have 80ml approx of each ink...

Not all ways buy cheap buy twice...

Going to do a charge back on my credit card for the sawgrass - worth a try...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably good to seek some advice before going down the chargeback route - I have no knowledge of potential repercussions, but I imagine that there will be some...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks - got to do some thing - never liked been turned over - i have asked nothing of sawgrass only for them to take a look at a clearly faulty printer within warranty...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand your point perfectly, but if you were to do something that causes you additional grief, it's not likely to make you feel better :-).