Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Oh... how I'd love one of these.
    By ArferMo in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2015, 11:29 AM
  2. Hen do's dont you just love them!
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2014, 07:15 PM
  3. you'll love this one
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-02-2012, 05:52 PM
  4. New...and would love some advice...!
    By VSW in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
  5. New...and would love some advice...!
    By VSW in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you just love it when........

Got 50 T shirts to do for a beer festival. Same design as last year so nice and easy. Buy the vinyl and go to do them tonight. Same vinyl as I always use so have a look through my settings folder and set the plotter. Do a full test cut on a an end of roll of the same material not just the little triangle thingy but a whole design and it weeds perfectly. Runs 2 meters of vinyl through with 28 sets of text and nothing has cut through fully!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I know this probably isn't in the same league as your machine, but my Silver Bullet has a 'Repeat' button where you can alter the force and make another cut exactly over the first cut as long as you don't remove the material from the machine between cuts. It has saved me time, material and hair many times!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you know that it is lined up exactly? I only knew once I had removed the 2 meters of vinyl and tried to start weeding only to find that some of the letters were not cut right through. I would never get it back into the exact position again.

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sometimes have a similar problem with my Graphtec, but usually with sign vinyl. Some letters aren't fully cut, others are cut right though the backing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks pretty unlucky then, did you find out why?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only think that the end of roll was in the man cave already and was colder than the vinyl that had been delivered the day before and was indoors.

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    How can you know that it is lined up exactly? I only knew once I had removed the 2 meters of vinyl and tried to start weeding only to find that some of the letters were not cut right through. I would never get it back into the exact position again.

Ok, I don't cut vinyl on my machine, but for other jobs that require a kiss-cut (paper stickers, etc) I cut them then try lifting one or two to check that they have cut right through. If not, then I adjust the pressure to make a repeat cut, leaving the material in the machine.

Maybe you could add a couple of small areas to your vinyl design that could be test-weeded once the first cut had been made, keeping the vinyl under the rollers ready for a repeat cut if necessary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Ok, I don't cut vinyl on my machine, but for other jobs that require a kiss-cut (paper stickers, etc) I cut them then try lifting one or two to check that they have cut right through. If not, then I adjust the pressure to make a repeat cut, leaving the material in the machine.

Maybe you could add a couple of small areas to your vinyl design that could be test-weeded once the first cut had been made, keeping the vinyl under the rollers ready for a repeat cut if necessary.
    I normally do a test cut on the actual vinyl I will be using but as I had an end of roll left of the same vinyl I used that to do a test cut of the whole piece of text which was fine. I then placed the new roll into the machine pressed cut and thought no more of it as the test was fine. As I say the only thing I can think of is it is colder in my man cave and the vinyl was different due to being a lot colder compared to the new roll which had been indoors as it was delivered 2 days ago and I hadn't been to the man cave since Tuesday evening.

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did the new roll cut fine?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinabc View Post
    did the new roll cut fine?
    No that was the issue. An old end of roll was fine changed it to the new one and it didn't cut right through.

Many thanks
    Iain