Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: Powerpoint

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerpoint

Hi everyone.

I am going to buy a starter pack after xmas to start printing glass clocks mainly.

Only as a hobby but we will see where it takes me.

It looks like I will have to go with a virtuoso printer c/w Mega expensive Sawgrass inks.

However what I would like to ask is about the software that people use.

At present I am getting these clocks printed elsewhere and I have created templates using powerpoint, I then save these as a JPEG and send them to my supplier.

What I have rec'd back so far has been fine, so could I use powerpoint or would I have to learn photoshop or the likes?

Regards
    Bob

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob. Powerpoint is an unusual choice for this. You'd need to find out if the Sawgrass Powerdriver allowed you to print from it. I don't think Powerpoint would support printing using an ICC profile.

Maybe ask your current supplier what the do when they receive your Powerpoint files. My guess is that they print the images from Photoshop or similar high-end graphics software.