Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. cooking time + temp / longevity of print
    By Maggie in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-02-2015, 10:45 PM
  2. Mouse mats
    By A11kns in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-12-2014, 02:40 PM
  3. Place Mats?
    By HayLou in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 06:40 PM
  4. Sold Vinyl cutting machine, Flat bed heat press, Rolls of Vinyl, Cutting software+ more
    By Danni06 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-08-2012, 11:14 PM
  5. Mouse Mats
    By danzab in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 30-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longevity of cutting mats

Amongst other things,I use a cameo for smaller vinyl cutting, but wondered if anyone has successfully rescued a no longer sticky mat. The last purchases I made were Cricut and they seem to have lasted longer than the Silhouette mats (and less expensive) but they still lose their ability to grip after a while. I tried washing one and coating with spray mount but that was very short term. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're just cutting vinyl then do you need the mat? I only use mine for small vinyl stuff and dont use a mat, found it a PITA when I first used it so got rid, not even took the new one out the box for the V3
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a few vids on youtube about reviving mats.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use Messy Mats

http://www.bakerross.co.uk/messy-mat...ZF8aAoeX8P8HAQ in my Silver Bullet cutter. Less than £2 per mat! They come unsprayed and for that I use the excellent 3M ReMount spray (around £17 for a 400ml can).

Maybe you could cut these down to Cameo width.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been trying out all sorts of things but finally found these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JF8VM...986871_TE_item - 3 for £12.99! they work like a dream.

In addition, the guy who sells them is a really decent bloke. I received some faulty ones on my first order. Not only did he refund me the next day, he also sent me a free pack which were perfect.

I like to support people like that.

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do use mine frequently for smaller pieces that are too narrow to fit between the rollers :)

Quote Originally Posted by scotty44 View Post
    If you're just cutting vinyl then do you need the mat? I only use mine for small vinyl stuff and dont use a mat, found it a PITA when I first used it so got rid, not even took the new one out the box for the V3

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the links and ideas - certainly a few options to try

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali P View Post
    I do use mine frequently for smaller pieces that are too narrow to fit between the rollers :)
    Aha gottcha now, I only use 24" vinyl (in the Roland) so just cut a few meters in half when I need to for the Cameo
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just go for the simple method, sticky tape on the corners, I have 2 mats and both are not sticky anymore, I use it for JPSS, jet opaque and also vinyl but just check where the cut lines are if close to a corner edge as you dont want the cutter to just cut the sticky tape and not the transfer material, has worked for me everytime without having to buy new mats every few months.