Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug only in for 15 seconds instead of 180!

I have been battling for a while now trying to get a decent press out of my Listawood Genie mug press. The supplier recommended 180 degrees for 140 seconds but this gives me a burnt mug. I have managed to get a half decent looking image now using the following....

• Idle set at 180 degrees
    • Put a room temperature mug into the press
    • Temperature drops to 164 degrees
    • Temperature climbs back up to 180 degrees (Takes 129 seconds)
    • Countdown timer starts for 15 seconds

The supplier sent me out a mug printed out with my test image at 180 degrees for 140 seconds and the colours look fine. I can't work out how my mug looks so different to the one they pressed, do my settings and workflow above look ok?

Listawood are taking the press back tomorrow for inspection but I wanted to see if anybody here had any input

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have the same press but use the galaxy pro mug press. My settings are 150 idle 190pressing temp and 30second press.

i heat a blank mug up in it and it comes up to 190 - counts down the 30 - this is with no image...
    as soon as finished counting down I insert my mug to be pressed... temp drops down to about 145ish and goes back up to the 190 set temp (not sure how long but estimate about a minute or so). Once at temp auto counts down the 30seconds.

To to date have not had a bad image from it yet!

Brendan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am intrigued.
    On a press with idle its 150c idle, 175c print, 185 secs.
    On a press no idle 170c, 200 secs.

This works for me with sawgrass and inktec inks, trupix and jet stream papers. Nothing burns.

Some of the mugs I have say press for 60 secs.....that doesn't work for me!

Got to love sublimation.......

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't know what is going on, tonight is crunch time for my business though as I have spent all I can with nothing to show. Things were running well for a couple of years but this month and the last I have spent 2k+ replacing every last piece of equipment I own and I am still unable to print a successful mug.

I feel like I am cursed :(

No matter what time / temperature / pressure / mugs / printer / inks / mug press I try it just isn't working.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, finally an update, but not a good one!

I returned the press to Listawood for them to test, it has now been sent back to me with a recommendation of the following settings...

160 degrees idle
    170 degrees cook
    45 seconds time

Obviously this is totally out from their recommended settings which I find really strange, also Kris from Listawood told me he had to check with somebody in another department who sometimes uses this press for the settings.

What I take from this is that the person who was advising me on using this press had not actually used the press

Now for the kicker, I have the press back, tried pressing some mugs at the new recommended temperatures and guess what......

Still problems!!!!!!!!

Listawood sent me 2 mugs that they personally pressed with my returned machine, the results are amazing, nothing like what I can achieve. I am very confused at this point

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What paper / printer / ink are they using. Is it the same as yours? If it is I would put my kit in the car and drive up to see them to see exactly what they do and what result they get with your kit. This is easiest for you and them to identify a problem.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that would be the ideal solution but it is a 11 hour round trip for me I think on reflection I should have chosen a supplier that was located nearer to me in case of issues like this.

They are apparently using he exact same image, paper, ink and mugs as I am.

I am not throwing accusations around but I just can't believe that the sample mugs they sent me were done using my equipment, they are just miles apart. I don't imagine they would send me back a faulty press with mugs from another machine though so I am at a loss to explain it.

I am going to call them and try and get a refund as soon as they open back up after New Year, will see how that goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter is 12 and is doing a 8-9 hour round trip today to train for 2 hours, living at ends of the UK has some disadvantages.

My logic is a day out is a day out. So if it's a 3 hour round trip or 12 hour round trip it is still effectively a day away from work, but the advantage is you will have a definitive answer. The other option is money back, but what happens if you get replacement kit and the same thing happens?

I agree the round trip is a complete arse ache. But it will give you a definitive answer.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using a cheap mug press with BMS - European Style Mugs10oz.
    I heat the base until it's almost too hot to handle then I put some heat in the rest of the mug, apply transfer.
    My settings are: Start at 160c, drops to about 148c before rising to 170c for 140 sec.

Tam

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The climbing tems time (129) and 15 secons make 144 seconds cooking time.

I put mine in at 180, for about 160-180 depending on mugs ect. that would include any temp drop.

I dont count from when the press climbs back up to temp but from when i put the mug in.