Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine go in at 180 degrees 180 seconds no matter what. Get perrfect results every time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What pressure are you using

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medium pressure

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do 180 for 120 leaving the mug in to rise back up in temperature. EVERYONE will probably be different as there is so many variables.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use a mug press but eventually gave up because of inconsistent results. Now I use wraps and a halogen oven. Get perfect results every time now.

Benefits is that when I used a mug press every time I had a bulk order after three or four prints in the press it would overheat and switch off - usually mid-way in a pressing cycle. Now I can load up 4 mugs at a time and just walk away for 22 minutes. I'm also saving money on electricity because although it takes longer the halogen uses much less energy than a press.

The oven also gives me much better results on money boxes, pencil pots and large mugs when the bottom always needed to be pre-heated. Don't have to pre-heat using the oven. Just wrap and cook.

I don't think I'll ever go back to a mug press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very interesting thread particularly as we're having issues with burnt mugs!

After years of owning this DF14 press and never using it!

I decided to get it out, dust it down and try it out :)

The instructions say:

MUGS:
    Initial temperature 230F (110C) Highest temperature 330F (165C) Time 40 seconds.

The strange thing is, our press shows centigrade not Fahrenheit - I'm not bothered by this but could find no where in the manual as to how this can be changed.

Anyway, the first two mugs came out slightly burnt particularly around the lip of the mug.

So, a question for you more experienced guys, which setting(s) would you change?

Cheers

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop the highest temp to 180 max

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a press that when reading 170 degrees it burned the paper, discovered that it worked at 165 very well. I guess the 170 was way off the mark as we are talking burned crispy charcoal paper and 165 no hint of browning....that was an Adkins. When the blanket eventually gave up the new blanket required a temperature of 170 degrees and no paper burning.
    My two DF (1?) from BMS that are 5 years old both need 150 idle, 175 print and 200 seconds for my mugs. But one climbs to temperature and starts to count down much quicker than the other one!

Such fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James990 View Post
    Drop the highest temp to 180 max
    The highest temperature is presently set to 165 - do you mean the initial temperature to 180F?

Cheers

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I can only go by what my machine is set for, which is 180 temp and 180 seconds. As soon as the mug is clamped in place I start the timer. I don't worry about the temp dropping when I put a mug in I still take it out when the sound goes for time up. Do not get duds. Must admit I do heat the bottom of the mug on a hot plate thingy!