Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 01:30 AM
  2. Wanted Silhouette Cameo or A3 cutter
    By Bob700 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-03-2014, 11:35 PM
  3. Sold Cameo Silhouette Cutter For Sale
    By linda_wright in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-01-2014, 10:59 AM
  4. Cutter .. Cameo ?
    By Kahboose in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 15-09-2012, 06:01 PM
  5. wanted second hand plotter cutter and screen printing supplies
    By soulclaimed in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 12:02 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printing from cameo cutter

Hi folks

Anybody had an issue when printing that the reds seem a little dull, mined is more of a pinksish red than what the customer wants.
    I have an epson wf3620 and reds dont seem to be as red as I'd like to give a true reflection of the graphic, other colours seem fine.

Im using jet opaque 3 and printing onto yellow shirts, I'm printing directly from the cameo software as I have cut lines for the customers logo on the image, image was imported from photoshop and applied adobe rgb 1998 profile on image before exporting as a png image to be used in the cutter.

I have tried to export as a jpg file but the cutter will apply a border around the image which is not good as I have two images, left breast and a larger rear logo both cut from the same sheet of A4 jet opaque and the cutter will apply a border which cuts through the smaller image.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont fully understand your workflow, but I would be more inclined to print through RIP software which takes care of the image and adds the contour cut line and stores that file for your plotter to read when the image is ready to cut. I use Flexi with my Roland machines because it is much more flexible with what I want it to do. I print with Rolands and cut on summas all from the same RIP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image had added cut lines in photoshop which in turn was exported into the cameo software, when printing the colors are off, blue is fine, red is a more orange/pink color.

I printed out via the cameo software and also photoshop and both prints are coming out the same color so I'm not sure whether it's the inks (epson durabrite) , gamut or what that is causing the problem, can't be that difficult for a printer to print red (the original image was imported from a pdf and converted to a jpg)

I tried a different output which was ICM via the color correction tab in the Epson software which is printing out more red but darker than it should be. The print settings I tried were epson standard and standard vivid which is mid quality, I have still to try high quality which may dump down more ink onto the print which I don't really want to do.