Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ramtin, Redsail, MH 721 Opinions please
    By crystaluk in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-07-2013, 12:46 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM
  3. Opinions on this damage please
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
  4. Opinions
    By TonyM in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Opinions Please?

Just to keep everyone informed about this little 'incident'.

I sent an e-mail to the Company who supplied me with 3 boxes of 'laundry' and had a reply back from them saying that the missing and damaged items were immediately dispatched and would be with me tomorrow.

I replied back and thanked them but stressed that my 'main concern' was the way that the clothing was packed and if it was normal practice to 'throw' clothing into boxes and dispatch.

After two e-mails, skirting around the subject, I had a reply back saying that it 'WAS' there policy to supply clothing in an 'unfolded' state for two reasons, firstly because these are normally sold to people who press the garment for decoration and also that is was not their practice to fold individual garments before dispatch .............. if that was the case the items would incur additional costs.

I have just replied back and explained that individual folding was never my complaint, the way my order was packed and dispatched was. I also explained that I would like to show colours of t-shirts and the material to customers before they purchase a customised gift, so showing them a garment that looks like it has been 'rammed' into a crisp packet looks highly unprofessional!

I have explained that I am still not happy, and would like to speak to someone else regarding the matter!

I am a grown up and realise that mistakes do happen, but after 4 e-mails today I have no alternative but to mention the company in question ................ if only to warn others that may be trying to save a few pence per item.

The company in question is MDP Supplies, and after an initial order for vinyl and other accessories (well over a grand) I was impressed with delivery and service. Someone mentioned on here a few days ago that they do hoodies so I paid them a visit (online) as I needed to order some clothing (again another couple of grand). I compared the prices and found kids t-shirts and hoodies (adults and kids) to be cheaper so I placed an order with them. I didn’t notice at the time that stock levels were not shown and presumed that my order would be complete. I also ordered 20metres of chrome vinyl.

Minor problems arose when unpacking after the order arrived (quick delivery, I have to give them that) in that the chrome vinyl had shrunk and I was given craft robbo sheets instead of the 20metres I required, plus the damages and discrepancies shown in my earlier post. It was then that I noticed the way it was packed - shocking!

As I said, we all make mistakes and after my first e-mail I was expecting an apology and maybe even as an act of good faith to keep the vinyl as my original order was being re-sent ..................... but I am afraid to say NOTHING! There was an apology for the errors in missing items but nothing about my other questions.

So, there you have it - sorry to say I won't be using MDP for clothing again ............... until I find someone else supplying vinyl they will have to do.

On another note - my other order was with BTC Activewear and all I can do is sing their praise! Easy to set up an account, website is a dream to use and order, delivery charges very reasonable (if not free) and quick and stock levels are shown online. I have sent them an e-mail to commend them of such.

Shame about MDP really as I was planning on using them SOOOOOOOOO much!

P.S - they asked if I could place damaged clothing and the vinyl in box that the courier will return back to them.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Opinions Please? the follow up!

I've never had a problem with MDP. But I have never had clothing from them. Come to think of it some of the vinyl colours are very approximate. Their Turquoise clothing vinyl was dark Sea Green.
    You do generally get fast delivery though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Re: Opinions Please?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB
    The company in question is MDP Supplies.
    :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :?
    I use them a loooooot and never, ever had a such a problem like you :(
    its shame you experienced so many problems with them... But as I said... never ever had a 1 problem with garments and vinyls. customer service was exelent and delivery damn quick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had vinyl off MDP for quite a long time now and never had any problems. I have started using them for tee shirts recently, since I made the decision to move away from Gildan to FOTL. Whilst the garment prices are good and the shipping very prompt, I have to agree with others that they do need to take a little more care with the way those garments are packed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to close this down now I had a call today from Graham Jones who is one of the owners of MDP.

Graham was a very nice chap and took full responsibilty for what had happened and apologised.

It wasn't an excuse, but Graham explained that they are currently making new cages to hold clothing in, so during the intrim 'some' clothing has left the depot in a state that wasn't acceptable. He listened to my point of view and to be totally honest was a very nice bloke indeed.

He even gave me a couple of freebies for my troubles!

I will continue to use MDP as all was sorted to an acceptable conclusion - it just goes to say that if there is a problem and it's justified then you should contact the relevant personnel to sort it. If they are a company that value customers then they will bend over backwards to make things right ............... Graham did this.

So, all's well that ends well :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

great! good to know that they care...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG