Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Business Rates for Home Based Business?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-02-2015, 11:28 PM
  2. Facebook Page - Choosing a Cover
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-02-2013, 02:53 PM
  3. DSF Facebook Page
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-12-2012, 09:09 PM
  4. Facebook business account .
    By Earl Smith in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 08:27 PM
  5. facebook landing page
    By Mattie in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I personally don't think facebook page design brings in many customers. The only way we have ever had any success is to spend literally hours a day posting on various selling sites both in our locality and further afield.

Because these sites are very busy, you have to continuously renew your postings to keep them near the top of the list. Some of these sites are particular about how many times you can promote the same posting in a day.

Let's face it, facebook was never meant as a selling site, it's a social network, and the underlying mechanics of the thing just don't gel with selling. We even have our website shop integrated with facebook (via Ecwid) but have noticed no real increase in sales. We have even run competitions where we have given away some great personalised items and gift vouchers for our website, but they just share the post in the hope of winning and never return. The winners sometimes don't even thank you!

Online selling, to many, is thought of as the easy, can't be arsed, option. The key word here is INERTIA. You need to GET OUT THERE and physically visit retailers, manufacturers, etc to promote your products. Giving a free mug to a business owner with their details and logo on will be far more productive than giving one away free in a facebook competition.

Sorry if that's not what you were wanting to hear, but it's based on my real-life experiences.
    Hiya webtrekker

Thank you so much for the advice after Christmas i will be taking a good hard look at it as i have pumped so much money into this i can't afford to be chucking good money after bad.

Have a great Christmas

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
    Using Ricoh Aficio A4 sublimation printer, Epson 1500w A3 sublimation printer, Xpres heat press, ST3042 3D sublimation machine
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reading-Print For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (24-12-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No worries mate. It's important to go into these things with your eyes wide open, even if it goes against any pre-conceived notions you had of facebook being a great place to sell your wares.

Don't get me wrong - I have made many sales myself on facebook (not dyesub stuff) mainly to locals who collected the items but the hassle wasn't worth the few quid it brought in. Far better to use your precious cash wisely and not waste it on people promising to design you the world's best facebook page ever. The only ones walking away with cash in their hand will be them.

Good luck with your venture. You did right by asking for advice rather than carrying on regardless. Whether this advice is any good to you only time will tell, but I've given you an honest opinion from where I stand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    No worries mate. It's important to go into these things with your eyes wide open, even if it goes against any pre-conceived notions you had of facebook being a great place to sell your wares.

Don't get me wrong - I have made many sales myself on facebook (not dyesub stuff) mainly to locals who collected the items but the hassle wasn't worth the few quid it brought in. Far better to use your precious cash wisely and not waste it on people promising to design you the world's best facebook page ever. The only ones walking away with cash in their hand will be them.

Good luck with your venture. You did right by asking for advice rather than carrying on regardless. Whether this advice is any good to you only time will tell, but I've given you an honest opinion from where I stand.
    And for that advice i thank you mate.

Have a great Christmas

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
    Using Ricoh Aficio A4 sublimation printer, Epson 1500w A3 sublimation printer, Xpres heat press, ST3042 3D sublimation machine
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Reading-Print For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (24-12-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The greatest asset facebook provides is that it can target really highly specific groups of people. It can also target these specific groups with a very particular aim. But you have to know what you are doing, your website has to be designed to integrate fully with facebook, with specific facebook linked landing pages etc. Its is not, however, a place to attempt unplanned facebook ad campaigns, with no real objective and no way of measuring your data. Facebook has some pretty clever tools, but you need to know how to use them.

I spent many many hours researching facebook as a marketing tool, I decided that for me it was too risky an investment and too time consuming to pursue further.

I have done well with a couple of facebook share type posts for canvas, especially last christmas . Ive not had time this year to produce canvas but I still have messages from people wanting canvases doing. Once I get settled in my new factory then I will offer it again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use it to interact with the people of Reading, pass on any news items, that way when the story gets shared, its your company that is also being shared, its very impersonal. Always hard to get them up and going, but its a bit too starchy "here is one in a box - we will just change the name" and there you are up and running. its needs to be about you and your business
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura