Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Laser Engraving Glass
    By melridd in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-01-2015, 06:11 PM
  2. Starting engraving products
    By Mattie in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
  3. Engraving on the Craft Robo - anyone tried it?
    By AdamB in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 06:27 PM
  4. Engraving machine
    By Mattie in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
  5. Engraving Glass
    By fr3spirit in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-05-2010, 03:52 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

engraving system

hi! I wonder if any one can do it. I looked at metaza system but there is no way I can affordit right now... specialy if my existing hobby is already expensive (I do photography) So Can any one do it?
    is there customers for this sort of things? I wish to do some engraved lighters but dont know where to go so maybe any of you can help ;)

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Re: engraving system

Fancied a Metaza myself a while back, they've improved over the years and work quicker now I believe. I was told that early models didn't engrave particularly deep and the image could wear off but I've never seen it. Got samples from P&P a few years back and they were very impressive.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you're right Justin I didn't think they were very good either, they exhibited next to us at the NEC where we were asked if we wanted to become agents for it. Don't think I could sell something I didn't think was up to scratch. Would be interesting to see a sample from a newer version.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it the Printwear show you exhibited at? Sort of thinking about it :mrgreen:
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No until very recently we exhibited at the Focus exhibition selling/demonstrating photo processing minilabs, kiosks etc.
    I'm sure there use to be a printwear exhibit on at the same time until the Focus on imaging dates were changed.
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think I could sell something I didn't think was up to scratch
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had one of those Metaza engraving machines a couple of years back. The problem is the image is created by hundreds of little 'dings' into the surface of the coating of the item and the image is only viewable from certain angles. Tilt the item slightly and the image all but disappears. Amost like a hologram.

The other problem is that some of the Rhodium plated coatings turn brown when in contact with personal care products, meaning things like pendants can discolour quite badly after just a few weeks of wear. The concept is nice, but the results just look shoddy compared to 'proper' engraving, or sublimation.