Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. shot in the dark
    By george in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 11:21 PM
  2. Faded image when pressing mugs
    By maskedhero in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 04:29 PM
  3. Print faded near bottom of image on some mugs, please advise
    By MREDD in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 01:15 PM
  4. For Sale Inkjet dark dark for sale
    By Jason in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 12:47 PM
  5. Glow in dark mugs
    By Mattie in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark image on mugs

Hi
    When I print the image it looks ok but when I press it on to a mug the image is really dark looking, I have a freesub double heat press but I can't get to grip with temp and time settings does it sound like I'm overcooking the mug
    Children are bit bit like flatulence....you can just about put up with your own

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob700

In order to help you better can you give the following information

Printer, Ink and Paper manufacture
    If a ICC Printer Profile specific to the ink you are using installed
    Software you are using
    Where the mug(s) came from
    Time and Temperature you are currently using

and Ideally pictures of the finished result

If we have the above then it makes it far easier to identify the problem and then help you resolve it.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I'm using a SG-3110DN printer with non sawgrass ink the sublimation paper I got with it is unbranded and the software I'm using is CD12,
    I use a desktop PC running XP my PC is not online and the ICC profile I got with the bundle has CD7 & 8 but not 12 and when I click on sublimation paper it says "cannot open this file" so I don't think the ICC profile is working correctly, looking at the print outs they do look a bit blurry so I'm going wrong somewhere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK, obviously I still do not know what times, temp and mugs you are using but I am pretty confident that even if you were using the right times and temperature and a decent mug you will still get poor results.

Non Sawgrass ink is fine as long as it is from a reputable supplier. Cheap is not the best route to market with sublimation as there are a lot of unreliable inks out there. The likely issue as to why you are getting poor results is down to not having an ICC profile installed. Without this you will not get anything half decent. Go back to the supplier of ink and ask them for a profile for CD12, if they are unable to provide it then you either need to try software that they do have a profile for, or get a profile made for your software (about £25.00)

The other thing to check is that you are using the correct side of the paper. The printable side will be whiter and most are sticky if you press a slightly wet finger on it. The fact that the paper is unbranded is not great, but that is not the biggest cause of your problems.

Once you have a profile installed and checked the paper, give it another try and see what you get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Socialgiraffe
    Thanks for the info could you tell me if the fact that it says "cannot open file" when I click on sublimation paper section on the ICC profile is a big problem

Thanks Bob

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I do not know.

I have the same printer but use Sawgrass ink. Very expensive, but it does mean that installing things like an ICC profile is very easy and painless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have the same printer, third-party inks and paper and run it from Vista. I have no problems at all with the ICC profile, but I print from Photoshop, not CD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes webtrekker I might change my software although I've had another go at it and varied the print quality with not too bad results, I also changed the settings from plain to glossy paper and reprinted a mug which is a big improvement on the first one.
    Like socialgiraffe the last time I printed mugs I used sawgrass and no ICC problems before that a wee Epson D88 and it didn't need an ICC profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use the 'Plain' paper and 'High Quality' settings in the Ricoh printer driver. Also, make sure 'Color Profile' is switched off.

If using Photoshop, make sure you set the Print dialogue 'Color handling' to 'Photoshop manages colors,' and make sure you have selected your iCC profile in there too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think my ICC profile is working properly if I could get one made which supports CD12 and would run on windows XP I would be happier, I used the 'Plain' paper and 'High Quality' settings in the Ricoh printer driver as you say, I also switched off colour management on CD12 but it printed too dark on my mugs so I set the paper to glossy and in the colour settings I used "user settings" it is better but still feel it could be better, I'm not a newbie at mug printing but I am a newbie when it comes to ICC profiles
    Last edited by Bob700; 04-01-2017 at 04:22 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob700 For This Useful Post:

socialgiraffe (04-01-2017)