Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Can you help to choose right printer
    By alsusart in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-02-2015, 06:40 PM
  2. Please help to choose a right heat press
    By JustBeGood in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 02:07 PM
  3. Help to choose a mug press
    By tangocreations in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 12:23 PM
  4. Dont know which to choose!
    By joyid in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 01:42 AM
  5. How to choose/where to begin...
    By justme in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are there other variants you think better
    No, I think the double CMYK is the best configuration personally. Mine is configured white and metallic which slows it down for banners etc.

dose the job better
    How does it do the job better? Its the same software, the same ink and the same print head. The only difference is there is no servo in the movement hence why it is slower.

LOGO, I think you need to see both in action, I have three Rolands, a VS300 and SP540 and a BN20. The BN20 gets used the least because it is the slowest. The majority of the work pushed through these machines are stickers, all about the size of a wrist watch strap the BN20 simply can not keep up so is now used as a sampling machine. Also, the wastage comment I do not understand as you can still use smaller width material in a larger machine so whatever size material you use in a BN20 will fit in a 640.

If I had to make a decision it would be based as follows:

BN20. If I am only intending to print garments and a few stickers then I would get this machine. It's a cute little machine which will sit in the corner and happily print away. I would consider getting one with white ink so I could print window car decals though

640. If I want to print garments and stickers and consider breaking into banners, roll up stands and other items I would get this machine. Space is a big consideration when thinking about this machine as the media rolls are huge as is the space required to make things like banners. But this is an industrial machine and wants to print hundreds of meters a week, if a BN20 will pay for itself in matter of months so will this machine as this can do more than the BN20

P.S. if you are going for a BN20 let me know as I might be interested in the VS :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    the same print head.
    Nope, the VP has the dx4 heads where the BN has the dx7 head which I think can cope with small detail alot better
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope, the VP has the dx4 heads where the BN has the dx7 head which I think can cope with small detail alot better
    My mistake you are right, I was thinking of the SP print head, although I do think the VP print head is actually a better all rounder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardsmedia View Post
    How often do you use you're BN-20 Paul? How long did it take for it to pay for itself? ;)

I've been thinking about the BN-2O for a while now.. Can we get a job lot deal? ;)
    Not to often. couple of times a week. sometimes more and sometimes less.
    but I print some unusual stuff so I can charge premium.
    it took about 10mc to pay for itself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody used this place

SIGN MAKING AND SUPPLIES LIMITED
    1 Sanderson House
    Salter Street
    Preston
    Lancashire
    PR1 1NT

I am after a versacam 300

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have not used them personally but there is no reason why they should not be OK.

BEWARE though, the Mimaki machines they are selling are very old printers. The ink that they use stinks and those sort of machines have to be in high ventilated rooms, its very old technology. There is nothing to suggest the VS are the same, but proceed with caution and speak to Roland about the model and year you are looking at just in case it can not be upgraded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Social

I will be visiting them next week, if they look a good out fit I will let you all no.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gazza For This Useful Post:

socialgiraffe (13-02-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Gazza,
    I have seen their ads, - I too will be interested in your impression of them.
    Phil
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what do you see in Mimaki? - I haven't looked, ..... what do you see as the advantage over Roland?
    Can they handle similar media?
    I think I recall that the ink doesn'r dry straight away ..... so you have to wait a day before you can use .... or maybe I made that up?
    How do prices compare?
    Thanks for your research.
    P
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what do you see in Mimaki?
    For what you want to do.... Nothing.

Mimaki are very good machines and the latest ones operate pretty much the same way as Roland which means you should not have to gas off any print (leaving it for 24 hours). However if you are looking at secondhand then I suspect you will be getting the slightly older technology.

In my opinion they are designed for a much busier print house where it is necessary to have a machine printing while you have a separate cutter cutting.

If you just want to do banners/roll ups (no cutting) then they probably have the edge on Roland.