Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Coating
    By BNjn512 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-02-2015, 07:57 PM
  2. PU coating
    By tracyreed in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-02-2015, 10:26 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:21 AM
  4. Help with survey
    By sarahjayne in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-12-2011, 04:14 PM
  5. Quick mug printing "survey"...
    By VSW in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look on the list of patrons on the BPMA website Listawoods are a notable absentee, whereas if you look on Listawood's website they proclaim that they are a patron of BPMA.

Makes one curious about the "missing" RN coated mug test, and wonder whether it was perhaps too good to feature alongside the rest...

I don't doubt the result of the Duraglaze coating, but maybe it has an equal?

We've RN coated mugs that have been through the dishwasher hundreds of times without even beginning to show signs of the deterioration indicated in the test results, so it does make one wonder.

Another thing that I wonder about (there's a lot of wondering today!) is who developed the equivalence test, and how? Whilst commercial dishwashers may reach and pass 75°C (some more than 85°C) domestic ones are usually around 65°C, so the test isn't representative of either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're on the topic of testing
    http://www.howtoprintstuff.co.uk/sub...t-ones-to-use/

Paul links this site but it takes you to the activate stream, I don't remember talk on here of extreme dishwasher tests and couldn't find any.
    He say's that Coralgraph (Orca) came out best in those tests, would have been interested to know where others placed.
    Last edited by galerion; 09-01-2017 at 06:03 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm quoting the box beside me...Xpres 5013 Made in Thailand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willd View Post
    If you look on the list of patrons on the BPMA website Listawoods are a notable absentee, whereas if you look on Listawood's website they proclaim that they are a patron of BPMA.

Makes one curious about the "missing" RN coated mug test, and wonder whether it was perhaps too good to feature alongside the rest...

I don't doubt the result of the Duraglaze coating, but maybe it has an equal?

We've RN coated mugs that ....
    Aren't they the same coating? My duraglaze boxes over Christmas had a code of RN******!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The boiling water tests stirred up a right hornets nest from various areas. I believe Justin pulled it to avoid agro.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our own dishwasher tests have a differing conclusion to this report.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Aren't they the same coating? My duraglaze boxes over Christmas had a code of RN******!
    I don't know whether they are the same or not, but if they are the fact it's not been specifically mentioned in the report alongside all of the other types raises more issues.

Listawood state on their website "We offer our unique Duraglaze® coating on a range of mug body styles ready for sublimation" and "Our Duraglaze® PhotoMugs are the only truly 100% dishwasher proof PhotoMug in Europe" so I don't think that the Duraglaze coating can be the RN coating.

I suspect that we may never get the real facts on this - hopefully someone in possession of said facts will see fit to share them!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mentioned before that Duraglaze was previously just rebranded RN coating. This was back in the day when the boil tests took place. I had the test reports from Listawood and rather than duraglaze it was RN. Not a problem as RN is a great coating. Might be different now as haven't seen recent info.

Xpres told me last year that mug production was shifting to China. For a certain period they had an overlap for the 10oz of both Thailand and Chinese option but different sizes which became problematic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it did read a little like a Duraglaze ad, that said I guess a large proportion of BPMA members buy pre-printed mugs and don't experiment with the variety of product out there.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rich Nealey do make/develop a number of different coatings for lots of different things. It's a while since I looked, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have more than one sublimation coating for mugs (they do have patents on some of their sublimation coatings too)

The other thing is that (as I think was mentioned) it also depends on how well the coating is applied to the mug, dust free/clean environment, properly cured, how many layers of coating, how thick each layer, method of application ...

I could theoretically buy in some crappy mugs from china, and a can of RN sublimation coating, and use a cheap paint brush from B&Q to slap it on, and bung them in my kitchen oven to cure them, and sell them as RN coated mugs, but they're obviosuly not gonna be the same as what you buy from BMS.

The article does say that some suppliers do buy in coatings and rebrand them as their own, which Listawood could be doing with RN's coatings