Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Coating
    By BNjn512 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-02-2015, 07:57 PM
  2. PU coating
    By tracyreed in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-02-2015, 10:26 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:21 AM
  4. Help with survey
    By sarahjayne in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-12-2011, 04:14 PM
  5. Quick mug printing "survey"...
    By VSW in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Rich Nealey do make/develop a number of different coatings for lots of different things. It's a while since I looked, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have more than one sublimation coating for mugs (they do have patents on some of their sublimation coatings too)...

...The article does say that some suppliers do buy in coatings and rebrand them as their own, which Listawood could be doing with RN's coatings
    The Duraglaze coating cannot be the "RN" coating as per BMS's, or Listawood's statement: "We offer our unique Duraglaze® coating..." wouldn't be true...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willd View Post
    The Duraglaze coating cannot be the "RN" coating as per BMS's, or Listawood's statement: "We offer our unique Duraglaze® coating..." wouldn't be true...
    Unique as in no else sells Duraglaze. That's because Listawood own the Duraglaze trademark.

We discussed this all before:
    http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...atings-changed

People getting in a fuss because Listawood claimed that Orca only lasted 70 washes, according to that report they were correct.

Best Sub have 3500 wash claim, 500 higher than any other claim. Marketing nonsense I suspect?
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 10-01-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Unique as in no else sells Duraglaze. That's because Listawood own the Duraglaze trademark.

We discussed this all before:
    http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...atings-changed
    Hi Gary,

I read through the thread you linked to, very interesting it is too, thanks for the head's up.

I suspect that you're probably correct in your statement re the trademark protecting the Duraglaze name, and that's what Listawood are effectively saying is unique, but it's still dubious if the Duraglaze coating is in fact the RN coating as used elsewhere - a little below the belt some would say.

Listawood didn't respond to any points in the 17 odd pages of the previous thread, and haven't responded in this one either, which can only reinforce the view that they have no wish to address any "awkward" questions...

Time to get on with some work, before the boss's aim improves :-).