Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. What a difference a mug makes!!
    By Spitzy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 31-03-2017, 10:17 AM
  2. DTG with a Difference :)
    By Stitch Up in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-11-2015, 07:02 PM
  3. 3D machines and their uses
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 16-09-2013, 09:29 PM
  4. difference and the best ?
    By bigj2552 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-02-2012, 09:40 AM
  5. Same difference?
    By edgar in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

is there much difference in machines?

We have a single head Toyota ESP9100net, bought new, and connected up by the supplier.
    We use wilcom & toyota expert stitch manager. via cat5 network cable
    I have been trying to find another, but with no success.
    There are older Toyotas about, but connect via USB, or floppy, and I don't know if they will talk with Expert stitch manager.
    SO, - should I concider other brands?

Provided I look after the kit, is ther much difference?
    Could I control different brand machines using wilcom from the same pC or am I inviting trouble?.

While I am fairly technical, embroidery is the biggest mystery to me, - fortunately my staff are great, I just don't want to give them trouble.
    Any experience?
    Thanks. Phil
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Phil,

you could try paul at tajima, i think he used to be/work for toyota. been in the industry years. always sorts us out.
    paul garside
    tajima uk

if you want contact info let me know.

calvinabc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've come across a few who rate tajima highly, have a supplier with multihead and single setups which they swear by and probably over 10 year old now with no major issues. I think even embroidery moves on though and this year I'll be looking closely at P&P and current machines and see what they offer. Do think they are all a bit pricey though! Either my pockets are deepening or I've redeveloped my short arm syndrome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tajima, Barudan and ZSK are the most highly rated Embroidery machines.
    The problem that Logobear has is if you buy a different make other than Toyota ( Tajima) then the input datai will be different. The motive will be written in Tajima formate for the Toyota but if the second machine is , for example, a Barudan then you will have to change the datai to Barudan formate. Will the Wilcom program you have be able to change formate? Look under the machine tab in the program and it should tell you. Its a PITA having to remember which machine the datai is for if the program is capable of doing it biut it shouldnt stop you from buying another make of machine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tajima made the hardware for Toyota, but the firm & software are all different, so while they look the same, they behave different.
    If I have to have 2 brands of machine, - all controlled by wilcom, - it would probably be insane for the 2 machines to look identical and behave different, - from a head point of view, might be better if the machines LOOK different.
    WHICH brings me to my original question....
    Anyone run 2 different brands of embroidery machine in parralel?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no we dont

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Barudan and use Ethos and am looking at getting another machine but will probably be a different brand as the price for new is too high for me now. I can import any format so am assuming I can export in any format too once it's setup. I have it connected via usb. I would assume Wilcom is similar. I was told that Happy was in the top 3, been looking at a Happy Voyager, anyone have a Happy? Thanks
    Lianne