Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Happy New Year
    By Renniwano in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 04:09 PM
  2. Good afternoon from MrPolystyrene
    By MrPolystyrene in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 08:39 PM
  3. Good afternoon everyone
    By chrishunts in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-09-2012, 09:05 AM
  4. Happy New Year
    By Mark Clayton in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good afternoon and Happy New Year!

Hello everyone.

I'm a young businessman from Dublin, Ireland. I have various businesses ranging from Consumer Electronics High Street Shops & E Commerce Platforms to owning and operating one of Ireland's premier Digital Marketing Agencies.

Just prior to Christmas my wife started showing an interest in closing her creche and working from home this year, and printing is something she's extremely interested in doing.

So we started doing some research and identified the hardware required in the sense of printer, heat press, consumables and ink and accessories.

We've both watched an absolute ton of videos the last few weeks and have a good handle on what's required. Our consumer electronics business has a significantly high volume ebay account that can be used for selling products such as Tshirts, Mousemats Mugs, Water Bottles, Chopping Boards etc etc - I'd also be very confident in being able to have a standalone website highly optimised via SEO when it's time to launch and hold a prominent place in the Irish marketplace.

This forum has been an incredible source of knowledge for us to date, we've just joined last night and donated straight away due to the wealth of data that's available. I;d urge everyone to do the same.

Now to get started on the hardware research phase! I've recently picked up a Ricoh Aficio™ SG 3110DN for €50, know it's not the greatest but I know where it came from and know for a fact it was only used once around 2 years ago for a market research project then put in storage so I think I'm just gonna need cheap ink to clean out the pipes then decent ink to get it going.

For 50 quid, I had to grab it, but I am looking at larger printers for longer term usage also so if anyone has any major suggestions on that front with subsequent recommended ink, that would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at different types of press, although I do want to invest in a very good swing flat press - so suggestions welcome, the SubMeta St-3042 seems a decent enough kit to start off with, and subsequently use for smaller items longer term - I've got multiple contacts in the far east manufacturing community and am confident I've found the source factory to avoid clones.

Also secured blank sourcing from the far east but it's always good to have a European based backup so looking into that now.

It's very much in pre-launch phase at present and we're educating ourselves massively at present, looking forward to being able to help others in the future!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum :-)

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justin, MrsIrishPrint here - we are soaking it all up! Fantastic resource of information you have here!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishPrint For This Useful Post:

Justin (10-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IrishPrint,

Happy New Year and welcome to the forum.

Good luck withy our new venture.

Kind regards
    Mel