Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    They look superb.

I have used two sheets of glass before when the customer wanted mirror silver text. The best result was from a vinyl I got hold of.

Do you use a special glass (I did which was 4 times the price!!!) or do you "get away" with standard frame glass?

To be honest SG I had a few of these frames spare, so I just nicked a pane from one of the other frames as a test. I had thought of using acrylic but didn't know if it would look as 'pure' as the glass.

The one cut from card doesn't need the extra glass to support it and is just jammed between the existing glass and the front of the frame. I never got around to experimenting further with these ideas. I like yours though, especially the nice glossy effect of the printed metal. Great idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    BTW, not sublimation, but I cut this from paper with my Silver Bullet and mounted it between 2 sheets of glass.

(images snipped)

Another of the Silverdale Miner statue cut from black card (one sheet of glass) and added a sky background.
    These look brilliant - sometimes the simple things hit the mark!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to willd For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (10-01-2017)