Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Potential Sale of Epson Stylus Pro 7600 (sublimation printer)
    By pisquee in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-09-2014, 01:38 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  3. Sold Epson Stylus Pro 4400 - 17"/A2 Sublimation Printer
    By pisquee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 05:10 PM
  4. Epson Stylus Pro 4400 printead blocked
    By Lorcan in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 14-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epson Stylus 4400 ...for sublimation

Guys ..Hope you can give me some advice ..I need a printer to print A2 size sublimation prints .I was looking for a epson 7600 but couldn't find a one ..But managed to get a epson stylus 4400 (A2 print area ) ..Are they good as 7600 ??....Is there sublimation Paper Rolls for this size ..??.. .How about the heads ..I have a W1500 going for over 1 + years with no head blocking issues ..Do you Think is 4400 is good for sub too ....Please help me ..Thanks

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fantastic step up into the pro series of printers - it's what we moved up to from an Epson 1400 many years ago. Much more reliable than the home/office printers, and much better print quality.
    17" rolls are available - try and get Coldenhove JetCol HighSpeed if you can - we found it the best.
    The only thing we didn't like, is once we moved upto the 7600 and 9600 models, is the 3 extra colours were such a big improvement that we couldn't' go back to only 4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subli do the Texprint HR 17" rolls, although they seem to be out of stock more often than not.

I did look into swapping our 4800 over to sublimation, but couldn't find anyone that supplied the 8 colours without messing around using red for photo black etc so left it as is for smaller prints and posters for the time being. There's full ink sets listed from china but I'd much sooner deal with one of the UK suppliers. Still on my "to do" list!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Fantastic step up into the pro series of printers - it's what we moved up to from an Epson 1400 many years ago. Much more reliable than the home/office printers, and much better print quality.
    17" rolls are available - try and get Coldenhove JetCol HighSpeed if you can - we found it the best.
    The only thing we didn't like, is once we moved upto the 7600 and 9600 models, is the 3 extra colours were such a big improvement that we couldn't' go back to only 4.

Thanks for the info, You gave me good confidence Tim ..I love my w1500s great prints and I am bit worrying to go for 4 colors from 6 ....I saw X press sell 17" TruePix rolls .BTW where do u buy JetCol ??.....Did you use Re fillable Carts on them ??..Again thanks for the advice ..

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifax View Post
    Subli do the Texprint HR 17" rolls, although they seem to be out of stock more often than not.

I did look into swapping our 4800 over to sublimation, but couldn't find anyone that supplied the 8 colours wi thout messing around using red for photo black etc so left it as is for smaller prints and posters for the time being. There's full ink sets listed from china but I'd much sooner deal with one of the UK suppliers. Still on my "to do" list!
    Licifax Thanks for the input Ill check Subli for the paper rolls ..I bought this 4400 thinking its 8 colour and realized its just 4 colour lol....If your requirement is just A3 why dont you go for epson 1500W /1400 ..They are great printers ..But i needed a bigger print size ..

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Hi Tim
    I just found a supplier for Coldenhove JetCol HighSpeed 16.5" x40 roll is £24.90 + vat ...Are they better than True Pix 17" rolls ?..Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    Licifax Thanks for the input Ill check Subli for the paper rolls ..I bought this 4400 thinking its 8 colour and realized its just 4 colour lol....If your requirement is just A3 why dont you go for epson 1500W /1400 ..They are great printers ..But i needed a bigger print size ..
    We already print a3, we use an Epson 7110, cheep and cheerful but with a continuous ink system attatched it seems to happily chug away for hours on end without any problem and it's cheep enough to throw away and replace it it gets cranky lol. We print mainly onto textiles so really the 4 inks are fine for that. We do have a 600 x 400 press though and printing at 16" - 17" would be quite handy for what we do ..... hmmm, now a 4400 sounds like it might do the job with just the 4 inks.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifax View Post
    We already print a3, we use an Epson 7110, cheep and cheerful but with a continuous ink system attatched it seems to happily chug away for hours on end without any problem and it's cheep enough to throw away and replace it it gets cranky lol. We print mainly onto textiles so really the 4 inks are fine for that. We do have a 600 x 400 press though and printing at 16" - 17" would be quite handy for what we do ..... hmmm, now a 4400 sounds like it might do the job with just the 4 inks.

Okay ..I have 1500w 6 colour and i them ..And never used a 4 colour printer lol...Ill update you with my results with the 4400 ...Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravisteam For This Useful Post:

Lucifax (11-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, it'll be interesting to see how it does. 4 inks does seem to be ample for sublimating, the Ricoh's and cheeper Epsons are all 4 inks.

Good luck and I'll look forward to the update.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    epson stylus 4400 is also very good printing machine, you can use it.