Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tmt ttc 3.1

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tmt ttc 3.1

I'm doing a lot of reading (rather than testing!) about the laser transfers available. I plan to do 100% cotton totes with solid black text and maybe B&W photos.

I want to keep the printing method simple, so what type of paper is the TMT TTC 3.1? Is it self weeding...only printing the toner or does it require a contour cutter? I don't want any clear film in-between the printed text.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although their site seems light on info, in the application video the printed paper is loosly cut to shape prior to application to the fabic, indicating that the carrier is transferred too, which is not what yu wished for...

Edited to add:-

Confirmed by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNMSd7MbSVw
    Last edited by willd; 12-01-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We print onto cotton tote bags using sublimation and the Yolo heat transfer paper meaning you don't need a laser printer. Discount for being a DSF member as well.
    http://www.yolo.co.uk/jet-pro-sofstr...-paper-2-p.asp

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I think laser transfers is not required for it.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a feeling that TTC 3.1 had a leftover film, fine for single square designs, but not for text or designs where you want to use the fabric as a plain background.

I saw the Jet Pro SS, but I would still have to buy an inkjet with pigment inks.

New T One transfer paper is a two and a half grand white OKI purchase...I need to earn profit this year, not next year!

I got a batch of different Forever papers today, but I might have already talked myself out of laser transfers....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I had a feeling that TTC 3.1 had a leftover film, fine for single square designs, but not for text or designs where you want to use the fabric as a plain background.

I saw the Jet Pro SS, but I would still have to buy an inkjet with pigment inks.

New T One transfer paper is a two and a half grand white OKI purchase...I need to earn profit this year, not next year!

I got a batch of different Forever papers today, but I might have already talked myself out of laser transfers....
    Jet Pro SS can apparently be used with sublimation ink...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Although dye based inks wouldn't last in the wash if I started printing cotton cushions too.

This is a really good honest video of Jet Pro:
    http://www.yolo.co.uk/jet-pro-sofstr...-paper-2-p.asp

At 3 mins 45s you see the leftover clear film. If I were doing a calligraphy style font onto a tote, would a contour cutter work with such fine script? It just seems that sublimation paper with polyester totes or perhaps a good single step self weeding is all that would work?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apologies. An edit to our post as we don't use sublimation ink with Yolo paper. We use the standard ink cartridges on a SG3110dn which work perfectly for our needs. Therefore printer going to cost around £40 and spare ink sets we find for around £5!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Gary

TTC will leave a residue in the non printed area as does all laser printer transfers EXCEPT T.ONE which is their new transfer paper. Amazing new paper which I really recommend.

Only issue is that TTC is as little as 35p a sheet where as T.ONE is £1.40 a sheet. Check with TMT but you might be able to use it with a standard laser as well as the OKI White. Or you could couple it with JENNYWREN'S secondhand white OKI she has for sale and you really have a decent set up for producing some stunning work, including their new foil technique. Personally I would never use ink jet papers for this sort of work as it just does not feel right in my opinion.

Bear in mind that cotton shoppers are around 34-38p mark so cheaper than dye sub ones. Also bear in mind that should you go for the OKI white then you could do any colour bag you want :-)

If you have a decent press then I would be happy to print a sheet of TTC and a sheet of T.ONE for you to look at. I will not do any profiling but you will at least see them both. Although I suspect that will cause more problems as you will love the T.ONE.... :-)))
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T.ONE may be good (not tried it myself) but at £2.13 per A4 sheet (inc P&P and vat) I think TMT are taking the pi$$ and I for one will not be using it. I would use it if it was 70p a sheet delivered but not before.