Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Advise on a canvas printer
    By Justin in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 03:30 PM
  2. General sub advise please?
    By adamctid in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-11-2014, 05:20 PM
  3. Can someone advise on these designs
    By draig in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-06-2013, 08:17 PM
  4. Template advise
    By chris_hosk in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-12-2012, 02:19 AM
  5. CISS - any advise?
    By michallatal in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:50 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

advise again please

been asked to put this on a shirt I understand it can be made via vinyl so were going to have to buy a sublimation printer ? then put on transfer paper but what transfer paper do you use as so many but want a good one which will last once pressed and wont fade of crack I have attached photo of logo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do not be offended but I think you need to have a good read up of what methods can be used to apply graphics to clothing before going any further. I have seen that you have posted lots of questions recently relating to trying to start your business but it reads like you have jumped in at the deep end with no research whatsoever and are expecting the good members of this forum to sort everything out for you.
    The logo attached would need to be printed onto a garment vinyl, not made from vinyl, if that is what you mean and then pressed. There are several other methods available as well. Normal desktop ink printer garment paper, laser ink garment paper, DTG, Screenprint, Sublimation onto a white/light polyester garment, sublimate onto a special sublimation vinyl.

It would also help if we knew what kind of equipment you have, you say in your post "so were going to have to buy a sublimation printer ?"

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi quinsfan no I'm not offended yes I am new to it and there's so much all over the internet its like a mine field as so many different options etc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have you got equipment wise so far? This would be a starting point for the other members to point you in the right direction. It may be worth finding somebody to print these for you and you just press them onto the garments.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want to do this as a sublimation transfer then, as a newbie, I recommend a Ricoh and Sawgrass inks. It will be the most expensive option but it will also mean you have something that works without 300 questions. I also recommend TRUPIX paper, but any paper sold by a reputable supplier will be OK.

Bear in mind that if you want to print this as a sublimation transfer then it will need to be a polyester garment which are considerably more expensive than normal garments.

I think you need to decide what you actually want to do with your business before buying kit. For example, if you are only intending to print clothing then sublimation may not be the answer as there are better methods to decorate garments. However if you are deciding that you want to do mugs etc then simply refuse things like garments, or sub contract out the transfers to someone who can supply you the proper media for the job in hand.

I realise many people want to run before they can walk, I know I did, but it is far better to focus your business, get a thorough understanding of how the print process works and then think about other avenues
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Quinsfan (14-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew that SG would be able to explain it better than me. Thanks SG.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at present I just have the silhouette cameo cutter and a 40 x 40 heat press software, vinyl, but maybe your right maybe in future think about sublimation but at present stick to HTV. Will out source someone to do the sublimation work for time being until I learn more and just take my time

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As has been said previously you do need to slow down and research a little more- research is good, it doesn't cost you any money.
    I would start off by finding out if you have the necessary skills to carry out this kind of work, can you use photoshop? (or other suitable image manipulation software- gimp isnt the way to go IMO). Can you run the cutter software, understand how to resize, create contour cut lines etc etc.

If it is for you then how are you going to get sales? The best equipment wont help you if you cant get sales, you wont get sales unless you know how to produce good looking designs. Its a bit of a chicken and the egg situation.

Concentrate on a sales plan, make some good designs and then sell them, and get someone with the production expertise to make the finished product for you, you will make more margin having someone else make products for you when you are starting out. By the time you have learnt a decent image manipulation software program you will know how to make "mock ups" to show your products on local facebook groups etc etc.

Spend your money on having some samples made ( with your designs on) rather than buying machinery. You can soon buy machines when you have money coming in.

This business is a tough one for experienced manufacturers, for someone without any particular skill set its near enough impossible to last for 12 months.

I wish you and your family well, dont spend your hard earned money until you know what you are doing.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a trade show called PRINTWEAR & PROMOTION coming up soon (I think Longforte posted about it recently), I recommend you visiting that show and having a look to see what is around and if there is anything that can boost your business without too much outlay and learning curve.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I do a lot of drop shipping if you need anything, can also supply sublimation prints whilst you have no printer if that helps?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!