Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Business Cards - Let's see yours !
    By NikGrey in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 04:17 AM
  2. greeting cards
    By guarddog14 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-06-2014, 12:49 AM
  3. Plastic ID cards
    By Jason in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 10:18 AM
  4. Christmas Cards - Designs or Printing
    By Justin in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-10-2011, 08:11 PM
  5. Business Cards
    By smitch6 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-03-2011, 10:48 PM

Thread: christmas cards

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

christmas cards

Does any one have a tenplate A6 size, I would like to do my own chiristmas cards this year. I use photo shop, I've tried but just cannot figure it out, would like to put a image on the front and message on the inside, can any one help please :roll:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Re: christmas cards

hi! I am not sure if I understand you. you need open page in photoshop in A6 size???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just use a DTP. Pick the right paper size and put a photo on one half. Then the same for the inner, text on one half. First print one side, then print the other.

If you don't have a DTP, try the free PagePlus SE from: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ No cost, no catch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to use two A6 together but it would print in the worng place :evil: , but is there paper card thats just for this purpose and if so where the best place to buy it, maybe this is not a good idea, but it can't be that hard :lol: ready to heave my laptop out the window grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might find something on here to suit your needs

http://www.papertole.co.uk/default.cfm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennywren
    I tried to use two A6 together but it would print in the worng place :evil: , but is there paper card thats just for this purpose and if so where the best place to buy it, maybe this is not a good idea, but it can't be that hard :lol: ready to heave my laptop out the window grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    When I used to do my own cards, I'd buy the pre-scored blank cards and print them as normal. You can buy matte card, glossy card, even textured-effect with wavy edges card. They generally come complete with envelopes, too.

For instance, a folded A6 card would be A5 unfolded. So I set PagePlus to an A5 sheet and just put the photo on one half of it. Then I print to the A5 card, using A5 paper size, and it worked fine.

I can't recall where I bought my pre-scored card from but I'm sure there are many places that do them (including ebay I would imagine).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but i`ve tried this on my epson
    prints one side fine and when turned over and rotated to print on the other side it just either jams or never takes the photo paper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASH
    but i`ve tried this on my epson
    prints one side fine and when turned over and rotated to print on the other side it just either jams or never takes the photo paper
    When I use to do A5 cards (A4 folded), I used a sheet of Epson Premium Glossy Photo paper. You can't print on the back of that (the ink just smudges). What I did instead was to print the message on a plain sheet of paper, fold it in half, trim off the margins and then glue it to the inside of the glossy sheet (glue only to the back of the area where the photo was printed).

It gives you a professional-looking "double paper" effect and works quite well. Haven't done it for years, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with JSR - give a much more professional result using a seperate sheet for the inside. To get clean sharp crease, line your sheet out on the corner of a work bench (a sharp corner - not rounded) hold down then run a plastic ruler down the edge to score where you want the crease. Once you get it in the right position put card stops on the bench so all you do then is feed the next sheet in and your ready to score. Gives a really good crease but does knack the ruler.

Simples. :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I now have the a6 cards template, (two on a A4,) I would upload it for anyone to use but not sure how to do it, for the inserts I will use the same template but on paper and use double side tape to hold in place, have tried out a test on paper and it works, and you just have to turn it the other way if you want your cards to stand the other way. Thanks for all the advice given. (When I did the practize I had to put image upside down when the card had the crease at the top) You'll see what i mean when you try it.