Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cant find Official Supporters area
    By smes9 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-06-2016, 09:55 PM
  2. Right - that's it, I have OFFICIAL had enough of this epson B1100
    By AdamB in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 12:39 AM
  3. 'Official' ink system opportunity
    By Whispered Spirit in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official title of.....

"unluckiest asshole in sublimation printing"

when it comes to printers...SERIOUSLY !
    the new epson 1500w, just over one yr old, went last week.....just out of warranty

the paper feed would take in one sheet paper, then straight through with the other one, and then stop....i had to reload that paper in again and hit start to re-start the run...

now doing that with 80 odd sheets of print aint the best, trust me - time consuming and very, very stressful when trying to get shed load of orders out....i put up with it because it cost me £240 - the final nail came when it started not to print out the black right.

i cleaned the rollers, various head checks,flushed it, nothing worked - so it is with a very heavy, and pissed of heart that this is the last pic you will see of her.....off she goes tomorrow along with the ciss system to the local tip
    NO MORE I,M I BUYING EXPENSIVE PRINTERS FOR THIS GAME EVER AGAIN...NOT A CHANCE !!

SO.....the next saga is.
    bought another 2 epsons.
    what i hear you ask ?
    the xp760 and a wee xp322

the xp760 to the right of the bottom pic, has the same 6 ink tanks as the 1500w had, so is giving me the same depth of blacks/reds i need. BUT.....
    it was only £99 incl delivery + ciss was £40 incl del
    the wee xp322 was only £49 + ciss for £29
    so all in all, if any of these go tits up after one yr, toss it and buy another...job done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is your paper that is causing the problem on spitting paper out I believe. Some of the papers have a fairly heavy gum coating. Change paper to something lighter and might be okay. Might need a little work on the loading area to clean it down back to the way it was though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead if chuckung the 1500W coukd I cover courier cost and have it for spares for mine please?
    Last edited by Mugshots; 19-01-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugshots View Post
    Instead if chuckung the 1500W coukd I cover courier cost and have it for spares for mine please?

HI M8....
    i,m gonna strip the sodding thing right down at the weekend.....to see if it can be saved first ;)

@andrew - tried all sub papers m8...all same ;(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the new printers smaller format? Can I ask what types of products you make? I'm curious because I really want to get one, purely because it looks like fun to make things Lol. But I'm trying to be reasonable and think that I'd have to sell some items to help pay for it, otherwise its a bit high for me as just a hobby. I'd like to do just mugs and stuff for me personally, friends, family, etc so I think a small format seems fine. But I'm wondering if its unlikely that I could make products to sell with that and I'm better off buying a larger printer.. which then I'd really have to dedicate time to selling things to help pay off. Guess my question is just, do you make products for sale with it, if so, what are the limits?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel.sky7 View Post
    Are the new printers smaller format? Can I ask what types of products you make? I'm curious because I really want to get one, purely because it looks like fun to make things Lol. But I'm trying to be reasonable and think that I'd have to sell some items to help pay for it, otherwise its a bit high for me as just a hobby. I'd like to do just mugs and stuff for me personally, friends, family, etc so I think a small format seems fine. But I'm wondering if its unlikely that I could make products to sell with that and I'm better off buying a larger printer.. which then I'd really have to dedicate time to selling things to help pay off. Guess my question is just, do you make products for sale with it, if so, what are the limits?

YES ,they are small format printers

we sell mug, mouse mats, coasters, and anything else that takes our fancy and makes money, and also fit onto A4 sheets papers, at the moment - till i decide to buy another A3 printer, ( which will prob be shooooooon lol )

if you just starting out, i would 100% recommend going down the supported printer route..as in, a Ricoh printer, and the proper "supported" sublimation inks that go with them.
    will save you a lot of time, money and stress in the short term...i personally, went the opposite way..started the very hard way and right in at the deep end

bought unsupported printers and inks and made life that bit more stressful to say the least.
    but, it payed off for me, as i learned a lot more than i ever would going down the supported route, but at a price !! ( money )

but seriously, i would NOT recommend you go down the same route as i did....get up n going first, read a lot on here, and over time, you will want to experiment with things, whether thats printers, inks or other.

you cant get these printers from any of the big sub retailers here in the UK - good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am guessing that by your location that you should have a look at http://www.conde.com/ but other suppliers are available.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply and info bigj2552.. that was my next question :) from what I've seen around the internet so far, it seems everyone is recommending ricoh for beginners, ease of use, etc. So I was curious whether that's the best option for me. I really don't want to fiddle around to get something to work right, I just want plug and play as much as possible. Which definitely limits me to small format in my price range.. so I wanted to be sure that I could make what I want with that. I'm not interested really in making shirts, I like vinyl for now, and mostly am interested in small items. But I also don't want to limit myself and have to purchase again if I really got into it and needed a bigger size. At that point though, maybe I'd be more willing to go with Epson since I'd have more understanding of the entire process as you say. So I appreciate the advice! I also have a small press, so I can't really do larger items without upgrading that as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to caramel.sky7 For This Useful Post:

g188 (24-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking there Quinsfan, as well as a few others but I'm trying to take it slow. I have a bad habit of jumping into things and for about an hour the other day I was seconds from hitting the purchase button lol. I'm so much more interested in the process of making things than selling, so its hard to not buy when I look around those sites.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply and info bigj2552.. that was my next question :) from what I've seen around the internet so far, it seems everyone is recommending ricoh for beginners, ease of use, etc. So I was curious whether that's the best option for me. I really don't want to fiddle around to get something to work right, I just want plug and play as much as possible. Which definitely limits me to small format in my price range.. so I wanted to be sure that I could make what I want with that. I'm not interested really in making shirts, I like vinyl for now, and mostly am interested in small items. But I also don't want to limit myself and have to purchase again if I really got into it and needed a bigger size. At that point though, maybe I'd be more willing to go with Epson since I'd have more understanding of the entire process as you say. So I appreciate the advice! I also have a small press, so I can't really do larger items without upgrading that as well.

even with the ricoh printers, NOTHING is 100% plug in and start printing right off the bat, regardless of what anyone says.
    there will always be little things popping up, but at least with the supported route, help, is mostly a phone call, or email away.
    colour profiles need set up if you are going to do this seriously to make money from it, but again, support is all there for that to help you set it up right.

it really depends on how much you want to dive into this business.
    the a4 printer will do you fine for what you want to print.
    A3 is mainly used for garments, larger photo/print work etc, and 90% of the time you will never need that size, so save your money.
    a good understanding of photoshop or similar, will do wonders for you with designing/photo alterations, eps if you selling on amazon/ebay & web site.

my sound advice BEFORE you buy ANYTHING...... grab a large coffee/tea, pkt your fav biscuits, and spend a few hours sifting through this forum....
    i did many yrs ago, and i learned a hell of a lot for other older sellers at the time, and still do now from the more respected/older posters on here
    ( no names mentioned lol )