Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. does anyone have a copy of Roland CutStudio?
    By logobear in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-02-2022, 12:01 PM
  2. Photoshop Experts - Is this a fake copy?
    By liannef in forum Software
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 11:10 AM
  3. Sold MIX blanks
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 16-11-2012, 01:15 PM
  4. is this the most blatant copy right infringe ment ever?
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-10-2012, 12:29 AM
  5. where to buy blanks
    By gregstobbs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

copy right for dye sub blanks

hi all im new here please dont bite my head off ha ive seen alot of copyrighted dye sub mugs,coasters mouse mats for sale is this allowed like superman,batman,xbox,muhammed ali, coronation street , football teams and rugby teams just to name a few has any 1 got any info on this please
    cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple answer is no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The slightly more confusing answer is no, but thousands do it every day on ebay and get away with it.

It's very sad, but most people don't want your own work, as good as you think it is, and only go for popular designs, Disney, celebrities, etc. There's way too much competition in mugs, coasters and mouse mats to even think that you can make a decent profit from selling your own designs.

Just telling it like it is. :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Selling counterfeit goods is illegal is your simple answer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks i saw them all on ebay and thought it was ok to how do these sellers get away with it heres a link to show you
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MARVEL...DCqrpJSbykd68g

The Small Print
    These products are unofficial MARVEL products.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

philphil123 (25-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They play the game until caught, you can start selling, once you get found selling too much of one thing it is flagged up by EBAY, paypal is shut down and you may as well bin the shop on EBAY if you have one as PAYPAL and EBAY are joined at the hip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    It's very sad, but most people don't want your own work, as good as you think it is, and only go for popular designs, Disney, celebrities, etc. There's way too much competition in mugs, coasters and mouse mats to even think that you can make a decent profit from selling your own designs.
    We do, so it can be done, but I do agree, people want stuff they are familiar with in the main.

Car Badges and logo's are another nono that you see a lot of on Subli gear.

I've been on the other end of this and had my photography work used without the required extended use licence by a guy on Ebay. He payed up when I confronted him mind :-) I do go out of my way now to report offending items now and again when the mood takes me. It's unfair competition for those of us that do respect others' intellectual property and copyright. End of the day image theft is still theft and someone is losing out somewhere, be it a large corporation or a hard up photographer/artist/designer.

Disney has a special email for reporting just this and they do seem to act quite quickly. Other than that, just report to the closest council trading standards to the offenders address, they get them eventually. It's really down to those of us that operate within the law to report it when we see it, if we want to see it diminish. It has certainly lessened over the past couple of years as the relevant authorities have started to catch up. Reporting to Ebay more often than not makes no difference at all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucifax For This Useful Post:

philphil123 (27-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifax View Post
    We do, so it can be done, but I do agree, people want stuff they are familiar with in the main.

Car Badges and logo's are another nono that you see a lot of on Subli gear.

I've been on the other end of this and had my photography work used without the required extended use licence by a guy on Ebay. He payed up when I confronted him mind :-) I do go out of my way now to report offending items now and again when the mood takes me. It's unfair competition for those of us that do respect others' intellectual property and copyright. End of the day image theft is still theft and someone is losing out somewhere, be it a large corporation or a hard up photographer/artist/designer.

Disney has a special email for reporting just this and they do seem to act quite quickly. Other than that, just report to the closest council trading standards to the offenders address, they get them eventually. It's really down to those of us that operate within the law to report it when we see it, if we want to see it diminish. It has certainly lessened over the past couple of years as the relevant authorities have started to catch up. Reporting to Ebay more often than not makes no difference at all.
    Yes, I've had my work pirated in the past, and it's not a nice feeling.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to brightday83 For This Useful Post:

philphil123 (27-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm plagued with it to...they get invoiced and veroed.