Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-05-2015, 03:33 PM
  2. Spring fair 2015 nec
    By Simong12 in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-01-2015, 09:51 AM
  3. Spring Fair - worth a visit?
    By logobear in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 05:48 PM
  4. which show to attend spring 2012?
    By logobear in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 11:46 AM
  5. Trade Only Spring Shows
    By Ian M in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The best sellers list isn't up there anymore to check - we were on it, in the top 10 ten, don't remember a bottle, but if it was, was probably from Sophia Victoria Joy....

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I did see a corked bottle that was promoted over Christmas but it was the top of the cork thing that was printed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Images transferred in exactly the same way as sublimation inks. The only difference is that you are using a laser printer to print onto special transfer paper (transparent I believe) as opposed to sublimation ink onto special paper. You then heat tape the paper to the bottle and whack into the mug press. Top tip - you then can cure the ink in a microwave apparently. This makes it scratch and dishwasher proof. If of course the item can go in a dishwasher that is.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just having a sit down and a coffee in the VIP lounge, then gonna head over to see their stand

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope they provide a foot rub service in the VIP area!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    unfortunately just cheap watery coffee, fresh fruit though.
    Comfy chairs and quiet is the main thing :-)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Although the product looks good, was disappointed that they couldn't demonstrate the mug/bottle printing on stand there and then, as I wanted to see how reliable/consistent the results were in real world, not edited and perfect online videos.
    It took some pushing, and I ended up talking to a second sales guy who was a bit more forthcoming with actual answers to my questions (he also spoke better English!)

So, they can't demonstrate the printing on stand, as the mugs need to be left to cool overnight before the transfer is removed, and then cured in a microwave for 1-2 minutes, increasing the time proportionally in the microwave per mug.
    the actual mug pressing is still about 3 minutes as per sublimation.
    The transfer papers are more expensive, about £5 per A4 sheet IIRC, but the advantage is you don't have to print to sublimation coated blanks - any mug, bottle, jar etc can work - as long as you can get it to work in your mug press/flat press (or butcher parts of presses to make it work)
    You can sublimate a mug in the normal way, and then use their system to add gold/silver/rose gold foiling instead of white toner, or just put the foiling on standard mugs.

The NOTHS product was actually a very small jar with cork that the seller "Bread and Jam" sold around 5000 units around Christmas.
    http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/br...-wishing-stars

The white toner replaces the black channel in the printer, the 3 colours stay with their original toners. Anything black in photoshop will print white - so it seems no (or not much) of them hacking the print driver or using a RIP to make this work in a more clever way for doing full colour work, but I could be wrong.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    5000, a very time consuming product, printing shot glasses, printing onto all the paper, cutting, folding and for NOTHS to take a third off you. Printing a couple of mugs would get you that profit but I'm not going to sell 5000 of one design!

I think it's just a case of reloading the transfer back into the printer and reprinting over the white to get the colour. Add a colour overlay in Photoshop to overlap the black/ white area....hit and miss?
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 07-02-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I took home a tote bag with colour print so will dig out and post photo later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is a photo of their tote bag. This must use the whole colour range of Ghost toners rather than just the white toner which we bought with the HP printer bundle. With the £250'ish bundle then this would allow printing using white toner only (which is what are requirement is) although if you're printing onto card then of course the regular toner colours are fine to use. And yes I am presuming that if printing onto dark colours you would print layer of white then colour on top. This for us opens up a whole new world of options because the Oki route wasn't something we wanted to invest in.
    Attached Images Attached Images