Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 1.5mm heat mat for 38x38 flat press
    By ellacupcake in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 01:40 PM
  2. 38x38 clam press - advice for buying one
    By smes9 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-06-2016, 10:30 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 10:28 AM
  4. Magic Touch / Adkins Swing press A3 press
    By JMugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-10-2015, 01:12 PM
  5. FOR SALE 38x38 SWING AWAY PRESS
    By mugstar in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is all this worth it?

To be fair you knew you were buying a cheap press and while it is annoying that the time is wildly out, it would not take that much to work out what you need to set it the press at to get the correct time. Once that has been worked out then you have what you desired, a cheap heat press to do whatever it is you want it to do.

I appreciate the frustration, but you can not expect something of Adkins quality at a bargain basement price.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Is all this worth it?

To be fair you knew you were buying a cheap press and while it is annoying that the time is wildly out, it would not take that much to work out what you need to set it the press at to get the correct time. Once that has been worked out then you have what you desired, a cheap heat press to do whatever it is you want it to do.

I appreciate the frustration, but you can not expect something of Adkins quality at a bargain basement price.
    You're right, but as I said it's not my first cheap press. This is the 4th or 5th I've bought in the fast few years and all of them before this one had working timers, even at these bargain basement prices.

I wouldn't even have mentioned this here on the forum until they came back to me telling me it's just the way the machine is designed. That's ridiculous. They keep going on about how their more expensive presses have a "more accurate" timer as if my timer is off by a second or so. I don't expect the same accuracy a £5000 watch offers, but a 30 second timer that only takes 20 seconds to complete is clearly malfunctioning and they just refuse to acknowledge that.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're right, but as I said it's not my first cheap press. This is the 4th or 5th I've bought in the fast few years and all of them before this one had working timers, even at these bargain basement prices.

I wouldn't even have mentioned this here on the forum until they came back to me telling me it's just the way the machine is designed. That's ridiculous. They keep going on about how their more expensive presses have a "more accurate" timer as if my timer is off by a second or so. I don't expect the same accuracy a £5000 watch offers, but a 30 second timer that only takes 20 seconds to complete is clearly malfunctioning and they just refuse to acknowledge that.
    Fair point and I have never heard anything good about Signzworl customer service.

Out of interest, would it not be better to invest in a good quality secondhand heat press? Jennywren has an Adkins for sale
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did have a look here on the forum, on ebay and on theprintexchange.com for a used Adkins before going for the Signzworld one, but they were either too far away and pick up only or not much cheaper than a new Adkins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A timer is a timer, a second is a second..

i had had an issue with a mug press I bought from them, totally useless and learned my lesson then, will never use them again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had problems with them also that I raised in another thread, I will not use this company again, not a chance