Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Prints
    By georgess in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-01-2016, 02:28 PM
  2. Big Prints!
    By Alastair@Xpres in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 12:13 PM
  3. TMT Mug Prints
    By Andrew in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-07-2013, 01:46 PM
  4. A3 Prints
    By joeyr69 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-05-2013, 12:09 PM
  5. Sublimation Prints
    By chris_hosk in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-11-2012, 10:16 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do prints dry out?

Hi All,

I'm currently contemplating how best to complete some big sublimation mug runs and am looking at getting somebody in to help or supplying prints and a printer for them to do at their own home.

If I was to print out say 100 sheets of sublimated mug designs for them to press for me, would the prints start to dry out and start affecting the quality of the finish on the mugs?

Does the amount of time the print has been printed affect the sublimation process? Or would I be ok to print designs in bulk that they could then work through at their own pace?

Any help appreciated,

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How bigs the order Lee? Maybe an idea to outsource it and save the hassle of getting someone in?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really concerned about the size of the order, more trying to establish if prints dry out?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We batch print transfers for all sorts of products, and store them so they are ready to transfer when needed. Have them stored loose in various boxes, drawers and files (Depending on transfer size) and have done this for years, some transfers of our older/less popular designs, have probably been stored for years and still get used when needed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

pw66 (22-02-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    We batch print transfers for all sorts of products, and store them so they are ready to transfer when needed. Have them stored loose in various boxes, drawers and files (Depending on transfer size) and have done this for years, some transfers of our older/less popular designs, have probably been stored for years and still get used when needed.
    Perfect, thanks. Sounds like I'll be ok to do what I was planning in that case. Also, a good way of using up ink before it's use by dates if I can stockpile

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leehyde30 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm currently contemplating how best to complete some big sublimation mug runs and am looking at getting somebody in to help or supplying prints and a printer for them to do at their own home.

If I was to print out say 100 sheets of sublimated mug designs for them to press for me, would the prints start to dry out and start affecting the quality of the finish on the mugs?

Does the amount of time the print has been printed affect the sublimation process? Or would I be ok to print designs in bulk that they could then work through at their own pace?

Any help appreciated,

Lee

I used to be worried about prints drying out, then realised that moisture is the enemy of dye sublimating. I get consistently good results now that I let the ink dry thoroughly rather than sublimating immediately. But I'm no expert - maybe it's just coincidence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk