Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. i need mugs.....lots of mugs...at least a quote for lots of mugs !!
    By giftsne in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 06:35 PM
  2. latte mugs & bone china mugs
    By hakuna in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Thread: Scrap mugs

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scrap mugs

I'm just working away printing off today's batch of mugs and I started thinking about clearing out the build up of mugs that I have rejected over the last few months. I'm quite fussy about what I send out so anything with a slight blemish from printing has been boxed up and put in my quarantine area. I have been contacting local charities to see if they could use them, but so far I've had limited success. I can drop some of the generic designs to the local Oxfam as they would likely be able to sell them but the personalised mugs would be difficult for them to sell
    Has anyone got any ideas of charities that would actually want mugs to use rather than sell? It'd be a shame to smash them up and send them off to land fill.

Cheers
    Last edited by nibz33; 21-02-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donate all my scrap mugs generic or personalised to my local Community Centre, they sell them for about 50p, and it helps their funds, so don't know why a local charity to you wont take them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sure a drop in center would take them, anywhere local that's open to the homeless etc.. ?
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both, you'd think it would be easy to give things away but they all seem to have too many mugs. There must be a big manufacturer of mugs local to me swamping the charity shops!!!
    I tried the drop in center but they said they did not need them but I did manage to give some to the dogs home and I've not tried the local community center yet, so I'll give them a call tomorrow.
    I'm starting to think my sales technique is very poor when I can't even get people to take them for free!!!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We've used ours as a marketing/PR campaign - put post on FB asking for people to tag charities that could do with free mugs. Offer them in box quantities of 36.
    You get a LOT of organic attention on that post, with all the likes, shares, and people mentioning charities, especially if they tag their FB pages too, all for the cost of shipping some boxes of mugs.
    You could even do follow-up posts showing the places the mugs have gone to, photos of them being used etc, get quotes from the charities, try and get local press involved for a feel-good story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    ...and you could slip a few 'proper' mugs in with your logo and contact details ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

calvinabc (22-02-2017), Maidiniceland (24-02-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    ...and you could slip a few 'proper' mugs in with your logo and contact details ;-)
    Now that's a little devious!!!

Clever though :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I like both of those suggestions. I'm not a big Facebook user so I had not even considered that avenue, but I can see that working well. Getting a bit of promotion into the bargain is a nice touch. Thanks both.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've donated boxes of mugs to a local homeless shelter and blank mugs to a council run arts charity who in turn sell them to community groups who raise money for themselves.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

calvinabc (22-02-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give mine to local snack bar ,,,, loads of companies go in ther ;)