Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Colour problem - Ricoh SG3110DN
    By brightday83 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-11-2016, 06:15 PM
  2. Problem setting up printer (Ricoh sg3110dn) :(
    By brightday83 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-11-2016, 03:36 PM
  3. Ricoh SG3110DN printing problem
    By chris_hosk in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 10:10 PM
  4. Ricoh SG3110DN Black and White image problem
    By just4yougifts in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 07:35 AM
  5. Problem with Ricoh GX3300, lines appearing on print
    By magicfingers in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions, however I have sort of solved it. Out of curiosity I tried some old subright paper I had from before I switched from sawgrass to cityinkexpress ink and the prints came out 100% spot on, no white lines and no blotchy patches.

Odd as I was halfway through a batch of paper when the problem occurred, so I tried a fresh batch of city ink paper and the problem returned.

In regards to CIE being cheap, it's actually produced better results for me than sawgrass inks ever did, their support on the 2 occasions I've previously needed it has been spot on as well. I've emailed them today to ask about the paper.

I'll keep this updated in case anyone has the same problem

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the air cleared ?. Can't see how a change of paper would have helped but hey ho if it is working !.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah there is still air in the lines unfortunately, but its not affecting the print quality with subright paper, perhaps theres always been air in the line and its not causing an issue, i may be wrong?

Im not out of the woods yet, the reason i stopped using the subright paper is because the colours were dull, the CIE paper solved this...until this blotchy ink problem.

Im waiting on a reply from CityInk.

If all else fails i may upgrade to epson 1500 but i dont want to be beaten by this print problem!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's not an ink problem. Nothing wrong with CIE inks at all. I've printed enough items by now to know that's a fact.

Some people seem to think Sawgrass is the answer to everything, when in fact it's just an extremely expensive alternative.

As you say, CIE support is very good and I've always had prompt, helpful replies from them.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not an ink problem. Nothing wrong with CIE inks at all. I've printed enough items by now to know that's a fact.

Some people seem to think Sawgrass is the answer to everything, when in fact it's just an extremely expensive alternative.

As you say, CIE support is very good and I've always had prompt, helpful replies from them.
    You can twist my words if you want, but that is not what I said.

And just for the record, I have had Ricoh's for in excess of 15 years and in that time have used every make of ink going. I currently run two, one with Sawgrass ink and the other is currently running City Ink (although not for much longer). Both machines are exactly the same age and both run about the same amount of prints. However there is only one that consistently causes problems and only one that has come very close to being skipped at least once a week.

Is Sawgrass the answer to everything, of course not and to suggest I said that is stupid, but it is certainly a far superior solution to some sort of half arsed refillable option from a company who bases its bulk purchase on cost
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This morning I have resolved one issue, to cut a long story short the girlfriend decided to borrow some paper from my printer and put it back the wrong way up, so when I opened the fresh batch I mirrored how it was already in the tray.

Needless to say she's in the dog house. My fault for assuming it hadn't been touched.

However this returns me to my initial problem of banding.

I think ive exhausted the cleaning options at this point which seems to have fixed horizontal banding for others

DSC_2619.jpg
    DSC_2618.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needless to say she's in the dog house.

If all that happened is the paper take out, put back in the wrong way round, then taken out again and put back in the right way round I am failing to see how it is the paper at fault for the banding.

I appreciate that when you used different paper it was perfect, its just that none of this is making any sense right now, which must be a huge pain for you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no, the banding was my initial problem, but between me spending 2 days trying to fix it, the girlfriend took the remaining CIE paper out of the tray to borrow some, not realising it has to go in a specific way as its special paper, so when I opened a new batch of CIE paper I put it in the same as what was already in there, as in my head i had already done half the ream with no problems so didnt think it could be up the wrong way round, hence why the problem continued and I mistakenly blamed the CIE paper.

The subright paper worked as I put this in the correct way.

I have sent a very apologetic email to Shane at CIE.

Now that the CIE paper is back in the correct way I have the initial banding problem which was masked by the poor quality printing on the wrong side of the paper.

I guess a CMYK test on subright would be a good thing to do a this point to see if the banding is consistent across all paper types

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    You can twist my words if you want, but that is not what I said.

And just for the record, I have had Ricoh's for in excess of 15 years and in that time have used every make of ink going. I currently run two, one with Sawgrass ink and the other is currently running City Ink (although not for much longer). Both machines are exactly the same age and both run about the same amount of prints. However there is only one that consistently causes problems and only one that has come very close to being skipped at least once a week.

Is Sawgrass the answer to everything, of course not and to suggest I said that is stupid, but it is certainly a far superior solution to some sort of half arsed refillable option from a company who bases its bulk purchase on cost

Wow! Guess that's me put in my place then!

Sorry for blaspheming the mighty God, Sawgrass, but then again, what do I know seeing as I'm 'stupid.'

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow! Guess that's me put in my place then!

Sorry for blaspheming the mighty God, Sawgrass, but then again, what do I know seeing as I'm 'stupid.'
    You obviously want to read something into this which simply is not there.