Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. VersaWorks
    By Paul in forum Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-01-2016, 10:33 PM
  2. Coreldraw help please :0)
    By liannef in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2015, 10:01 AM
  3. For those of you who WANT Coreldraw
    By socialgiraffe in forum Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-03-2013, 11:15 PM
  4. Sold Vinyl cutting machine, Flat bed heat press, Rolls of Vinyl, Cutting software+ more
    By Danni06 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-08-2012, 10:14 PM
  5. CorelDraw x5
    By Mattie in forum Software
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-06-2011, 01:19 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Cutting/Export Coreldraw/Versaworks

Hi,

When I cut my image in Coreldraw and view the cut prior to exporting to Versaworks the image does not seem to be cut as there are no cut lines around the image but around a square which appears around the image.

Once in Versaworks and ready to print/cut the (Special Items) is stating there are no cuts on the image, can anyone help?
    I have attached a image of the Versaworks screen.

Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cutlines need to be in a particular and precise colour, with a specific name: "CutContour" which has to be spelt and capitalised just like that.

That is the only thing that Versaworks will accept as a cutline - everything else it will print.

If you search online for "CutContour" I'm sure there are many articles online that will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZfh6e8MIGI is a video tutorial, though I've not watched it - there are various other ones there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore the below in blue - it's obviously been a while since I've put cutlines around a raster image - oops!

Maybe I misunderstood a bit - if you have a coloured raster image on a white background, for example, CorelDraw doesn't recognise the coloured image as such, it will only see the whole "tile", including the white background.

You will need to remove the background, and if you use another program to do so you'll need to export in a format from that program that works with transparancy, eg. .png.

The CorelDraw will ignore the transparent parts (!) and if you put a cutline around the image, it will no longer be just a box...

Having just put cut lines aroung a raster image in CorelDraw X7, I've realised that it is a much more complex operation than I remembered, and rather too complex to explain briefly in text, unless I've forgotten something - which is entirely possible!

I'll see what's available elsewhere and be back...

Later edit:-

The following youtube video pretty much mirrors the method that I use, though I don't reduce the image to black & white - though that may make the job a little easier with some images:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aabyoEe1grg
    Last edited by willd; 28-02-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Major rewrite.