Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ricoh sg 3110dn
    By paul 44 in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-12-2015, 11:58 AM
  2. ink change SG 3110DN
    By arti in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 09:16 PM
  3. Epson WorkForce WF-7110DTW Printer
    By Jimmypepper in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 08:37 PM
  4. Epson WF-7110DTW A3 printer
    By kermit in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-02-2015, 04:13 PM
  5. 3110dn 8.5 x 14 - how ?
    By wayupnorth in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-08-2014, 11:58 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3110DN Vs 7110DTW

As you may have seen in the printer problem sub forum im having issues when using any ICC profiles (no problems when not using colour management) with banding through magenta.

So I have been advised to change to Epson as magenta banding is a known issue(?) with the Ricohs

From searching on here the Epson 7110DTW seems to cause lots of problems (clogging mainly) so I'm reluctant to switch from my beloved 3 year old Ricoh thats worked flawlessly up until now for something that is reported to have a fair few regular problems.

Has anyone else gone from Ricoh to Epson? How has it been? A mistake or not?

I could buy another 3110DN, however if its true that they have unfixable magenta banding problems it doesn't seem like a wise move, so as you can see, im kind of stuck between clogged print heads or banding magenta!

Help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ricoh 3110dn was a great machine. So much so I decided to purchase the SG800 because I needed a larger print. Combined with the sawgrass inks it was great until I started to print with transparent film. Both machines were giving me a problem printing the film so I decided to try the epson.

Epson in my opinion is also a great machine. Have been using it for a few months that I decided to sell my SG800. I still have my 3110dn powered on as a back up but I still have not used that either. I am currently using the epson 1430 which is the same as 1500W. I also no longer use sawgrass inks which also saves me a ton of money. Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks NT5.2, its good to hear that you don't use sawgrass as I stopped using them a year ago myself.