Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Newby to the forum
    By Joe Balanda in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-01-2016, 02:31 PM
  2. Newby has been reading too much.
    By Mizzy in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 11:32 PM
  3. Newby already pestering.
    By Wendy in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 06:15 PM
  4. Newby!!
    By Wendy in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-06-2011, 10:06 AM
  5. newby
    By scottfair in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-05-2011, 09:56 AM

Thread: Newby intro ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newby intro ;)

Hi guys, just s quick one from me! I'll be straight and honest i found this forum while looking for some drivers that would work with a plotter I've inherited (GoldCut jk1351) and would like to find out if I can link it up to my windows 10 laptop up to inkscape or gimp if possible? Its not for anything major just to run some stencils off that I want to do for a school project for my sons class and if I get any good probably some for my sons walls and wardrobes to paint :)

I don't have any experience with these plotter things and looking at it there doesn't seem to be a lot of things to tweak on it but I said something similar about an ikea cabinet and now its a spice rack!! lol

So that's about it really but small acorns and all that you never know this could be a new hobby that me and my little lad can get into and god knows what we could churn out! :)

So if anyone has any guidance as to drivers/free software to help me get an image from gimp to inkscape (ive not used that yet either but saw a video that said you can do vector files?) I would be really greatful for your help? I saw there was a link to sign up for a tenner for the year too! I don't mind if that is the way I need to go to get the help :)

Thanks for reading this and hope someone can help me out before the plotter becomes a clothes rack or umbrella stand!

Cheers guys
    Keyzer

PS If this is bang out of order jumping right in like this then sorry thought id put my cards firmly on the table first off :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gimp will run on windows 10

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi. I have a Silver Bullet cutter that I run from SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) software on Windows.

I believe a driver is available for your machine to run from SCAL. Check out these links ...

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downl...cut_driver.zip

http://www.uscutter.com/static/PDFs/goldcut_manual.pdf

Not sure if this is for your model though, you'll need to read the manual.

SCAL is available for download from - http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scal.html
    Last edited by webtrekker; 08-03-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I should add that you can design vector artwork in SCAL but it isn't the greatest software for this. I prefer to use Inkscape and export as an SVG which will import into SCAL for layout/printing/cutting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum :-)

You might get better exposure if you start a thread in the cutter section, this is really just for intros ;-)

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newby intro ;)

Quote Originally Posted by James990 View Post
    Gimp will run on windows 10
    Yeah thanks ive got it up and running :)

webtrekker = Nice one, these are the drivers I found last night but when I try and install it gets as far as locating the drivers and identifying the cutter but when click load drivers it just flicks back to load drivers which im not sure if this means its not windows 10 64bit compatible? Thanks for the SCAL link ill check that out.

Justin = Cheers and will post in cutter section thank you ;)

Thanks for the responses guys, Im feelin a little bit more confident in getting this up and running soon!

Keyzer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorted the driver out i had totally forgotten about this check until i found this! It was all about trying to install none digitally signed inf files in windows 10 (also 8) so you lucky people here is the answer! You can revert back once drivers (inf) files and plotter is installed!! Right that's me off and gonna lok aat messing around with this Goliath this weekend now i have it on my windows 10 laptop!

Thanks for reading hope this might help others too :)
    Keys

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...igned-drivers/