Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cutting Vinyl rolls for cameo
    By IrishPrint in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2017, 01:37 AM
  2. Newbie Setup
    By leehyde30 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2017, 01:13 PM
  3. cameo cutting mats cleaning tips
    By paul 44 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-12-2016, 12:20 AM
  4. JPSS cutting with a cameo portrait
    By paul 44 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-01-2016, 11:48 PM
  5. Contour cutting with cameo
    By Maup in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only difference on my set up is thickness is 10 every thing else is the same as Scotty44's set up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I think about it, I may have a cameo 3...

Anyway thanks so much for the replies. I will have a look at it tomorrow and attempt to cut something and will update here.

Im hoping its something as simple as the blade, when searching online it does seem like a common issue resulting in the problems I am having.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blade should only be on 1 or 2 for sign vinyl or heat vinyl depending how new the blade is, cameo 2 i dont think has auto adjust blade, think its cameo 3 that has that.

Try using the test cut feature before you waste loads of stuff cutting always start with the blade as recommended as a starting point or even lower.

I use some thick sandblasting vinyl and still only use number 6 on my cameo

It does sound like you have a faulty blade or damaged it on first use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be just my luck. I will be trying it tonight using the settings scotty44 has recommended and will go from there. Anyway you can sharpen the blades? I have only used it for 3 or 4 small cuts and cannot believe ive damaged the blade already.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    That would be just my luck. I will be trying it tonight using the settings scotty44 has recommended and will go from there. Anyway you can sharpen the blades? I have only used it for 3 or 4 small cuts and cannot believe ive damaged the blade already.
    Unfortunately you cannot sharpen the blades - it'll have to go down as just one of those things...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You need a good magnifier to check your blades. I have a 40x magnification jewellers loupe (from ebay, with a built in LED light). Dirt cheap, but does a great job of enabling me to check for wear and chips in my blades.

It's also extremely useful for checking whether there are any fibres or tiny pieces of material jammed in the blade holder preventing the blade from twisting as it cuts. This would result in it tearing your work.

This is the type of thing I mean - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Illum...3D370531772975

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your software, aare you using studio? select what media you are using and it gives you guidelines of what to set you cameo blade at, also have you checked its the right blade? There are different blades.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the blade that came with the cameo. I am also using the software it came with which I believe is the silhouette studio. I need to order some more vinyl then I can try it again. I found some old card but I really want to get it set up for vinyl.

Which way round do you place the vinyl onto the cutting mat? I think I need to go over the basics again

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Which way round do you place the vinyl onto the cutting mat? I think I need to go over the basics again
    Have you tried it without the mat?
    I never use my mat when cutting vinyl..
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did try it without the mat but I found that the vinyl was slipping and I was also worried about damaging the cameo with the blade